Celebration of new forum

Come join the party, test out the new stuff, and just plain see how it works. Discuss what you like and what you don’t, what is cool and anything about the forum. Above all, have fun! dance2
hgbottle

2 Likes

I wanted a champagne bottle. Didn’t mean a happy new year one. Oh well, it’s a new year for the forum. :laughing:

1 Like

I really like the “Top” and “Latest” buttons. I could that in the admin screens and I always felt a little guilty because others couldn’t do those sorts. When looking at the top number of posts in a thread, you can limit by dates, so, you can see the hottest topic, in the past few months if you want.

Select some text, hit “Reply”. It’s like magic. And by that I mean Clarke’s third law.

My problem is getting back to the main categories after looking after the thread I was looking at. Navigation is going to take some getting used to or I use the back button a lot. Not sure if I’m going to be the only one with this issue or more people are more forum savvy than I am. questions

I know, mriana, weird, right? I like all the things that help you get to “New” or “Unread” or “Top”, but sometimes, I just want the good old-fashioned main list of forums!

This is the best I’ve found, but you have to back out or scroll up to the top of whatever category you are in. Then select the drop-down for categories, and select “all categories:”

Yes, that’s about the only thing I’ve found to do. It will take some getting used to.

Yes it is a new year for CFI. Being an old fart it will take getting used to. I’m no fan of the trend of spreading out everything all over the place, but then I’m quite happy in a 600 sq ft home, so it’s an attitude thing, I think.
The first day is the toughest, then we start adapting, before I know it, bet I’ll not even remember what the old board looked like. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all the computer guru’s and their diligent efforts to make this upgrade happen.

1 Like

There’s a lot of cool stuff you can do with your profile when you are ready do that. Click on my name above and you can see a background behind my avatar and the profile itself you can add a banner to also. So don’t forget to give your profile a look see too.

Oh guess what I met going through the forum. He’s like an Alexa for the forum and his name is discobot.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Without a doubt

You can ask him to quote stuff too.

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven. — Johannes Gaertner

and if you need any help you can say (see if it works, because I know no names for the tutorials yet):

@discobot start tutorial

OK that just becomes a personal message. Sorry about that one.

Still finding my bearings, but looks very promising. Well done!

Yes, it will take a while for everyone to find their bearings, but I think people will like it or if not, there will be features they like and don’t like.

Biggest difference is the really ugly layout. The functions are not much different from the old one.

I have it in dark mode and I don’t think it’s ugly at all. I also think it’s more functional than the old one. Maybe you should try out more of the buttons, as well as the emojis (which the old forum did not have), the like heart button, and other features. They are really cool, but then again, there’s no pleasing everyone, so if you don’t like then I’d say there’s no pleasing you concerning a forum.

Dark Mode?

(12345667, there I made my 20 characters. :wink: )