Can you see a rock in the wall? What is it really?

I think maybe 3point is the only one on the thread who hasn’t seen the reality, yet.

I appreciate everyone playing along and not giving it away, but if 3point is ready to hear the truth, please feel free to help him out.

The message for us all, I think, is that what clearly seems to be, is sometimes completely off track. Iow, beware of illusions.

Yes, I’m stuck seeing a tiny toy hippo. My brain is annoyingly incapable of unseeing something once it thinks it sees something.

Feel free to entertain yourselves by torturing me with hints.

I think this made the rounds in the news a few months ago. I definitely remember seeing the picture before, so to be fair, I probably had some subconscious hints. If I hadn’t I don’t think I would have seen it 'til next Easter.

• Lausten: "Sometimes, a rock is just a rock"
  • Widdershins: "We have them in Iowa. In my yard, sometimes."
  • TimB: "Consider the hint that Lausten gave, now think what he would have said, instead, were he Sigmund Freud."
  • Citizenschallenge: "I like the Freud hint, though I’d add another name, but that would make it too easy."
  • TimB: "The message for us all, I think, is that what clearly seems to be, is sometimes completely off track. Iow, beware of illusions."
  • Widdershins: "If I hadn’t I don’t think I would have seen it ’til next Easter." [I assume there's a hint in there somewhere.]
I wish I were on the other end of this game. The only thing worse than my ability to unsee what I first see, is my ability to get clues.

Hopefully you all have gobs of patience.

This hint may clinch it for you:

Sometimes a thing is just what it is and not a symbol or metaphor for an erect penis. Otherwise why would it be sticking out of a wall?

Oh damn! I just looked it up and I was WRONG! I swear I saw this months ago, but I have no memory of the answer. I thought I did. But I didn’t. Boy, don’t I look foolish now, thinking I saw a little baby bunny this whole time when in reality it was…I forget.

Actually, even tho it is what it is, why is it sticking out of a wall?

Whew! That’s a doozie.

I don’t know the rules to these things. Hopefully searching for it on the internet is legal, because that’s what I just did.

Glad that’s over. I feel like sitting back, relaxing and having a cigarette (or maybe a doughnut instead since I don’t smoke). My stress level was going up every time I came back here because all the clues made me think I should get it easily.

The clues make sense now but I don’t think I ever would have gotten it.