Book Discussion - Steve Kinzer

Has anyone read and/or care to discuss Steve Kinzers two books entitled Overthrow and All The Shah’s Men? Both are extremely relevant to current events, especially 911 and the Iran Nuke Deal (both of which are indirectly related). I find both extremely disturbing, and after reading each my first reaction was, boy if more people knew this stuff people would be leaving the US in droves.
Quick super high level summary:
Overthrow: The US government, since almost the beginning, has worked closely with corporations and their forerunners to overthrow countries who wouldn’t act favorably to said companies.
ASM: History and implications of the 1953 overthrow of Iran’s democratic government by the US gov and its installation of a brutal dictator who nonetheless acted favorably to US business interests.

Overthrow: The US government, since almost the beginning, has worked closely with corporations and their forerunners to overthrow countries who wouldn't act favorably to said companies. ASM: History and implications of the 1953 overthrow of Iran's democratic government by the US gov and its installation of a brutal dictator who nonetheless acted favorably to US business interests.
Yep, sounds very familiar] to me:
As a result, the Richard Nixon administration organized and inserted secret operatives in Chile, in order to swiftly destabilize Allende’s government. In addition, US financial pressure restricted international economic credit to Chile. The economic problems were also exacerbated by Allende's public spending which was financed mostly by printing money and poor credit ratings given by commercial banks. Simultaneously, opposition media, politicians, business guilds and other organizations helped to accelerate a campaign of domestic political and economical destabilization, some of which was backed by the United States.

A military coup overthrew Allende on 11 September 1973. As the armed forces bombarded the presidential palace, Allende apparently committed suicide. After the coup, Henry Kissinger told U.S. president Richard Nixon that the United States had “helped” the coup.

My understanding is that this method of political operating has been around for some time. India controlled China for over a thousand years. And did not use one soldier. The Romans were also known for using political and economic methods of control before using soldiers. Britain is a master at the use of policies to control countries. The U.S. dollar is our biggest weapon. Would not surprise me if Mr. Kinzer was now contracting as a consultant to the CIA.

Has anyone read and/or care to discuss Steve Kinzers two books entitled Overthrow and All The Shah's Men? Both are extremely relevant to current events, especially 911 and the Iran Nuke Deal (both of which are indirectly related). I find both extremely disturbing, and after reading each my first reaction was, boy if more people knew this stuff people would be leaving the US in droves. Quick super high level summary: Overthrow: The US government, since almost the beginning, has worked closely with corporations and their forerunners to overthrow countries who wouldn't act favorably to said companies. ASM: History and implications of the 1953 overthrow of Iran's democratic government by the US gov and its installation of a brutal dictator who nonetheless acted favorably to US business interests.
And that's all that matters to capitalists. Lois
My understanding is that this method of political operating has been around for some time. India controlled China for over a thousand years. And did not use one soldier. The Romans were also known for using political and economic methods of control before using soldiers. Britain is a master at the use of policies to control countries. The U.S. dollar is our biggest weapon. Would not surprise me if Mr. Kinzer was now contracting as a consultant to the CIA.
Except as far as I know none of those countries, except Britian maybe, claimed some God-given moral high ground, i.e. the exceptionalism that so many in the US claim. The hypocrisy is what gets me.