Blue states and red states in USA

Faux News is not a news organization. It is a propaganda machine. Their journalists are propagandists a la Goebbels…difference.

Paul Joseph Goebbels was a German Nazi politician who was the Gauleiter (district leader) of Berlin, chief propagandist for the Nazi Party, and then Reich …

I am talking about Woodward and Bernstein who unraveled the Nixon scandal.

I am not saying that they are criminal investigators, but they are investigative news reporters, which does not necessarily need to be of a criminal nature.

Yes. That is what I was saying. This is why I say you cannot trust everything journalists report. If you read the rest of what I said, I spoke of yellow journalism and that Poli Sci isn’t based on the scientific method.

1 Like

But where do you think that consumerism and laziness came from? The disease - corporations and profit at all costs. As Carlin said, USofA is bought and paid for. Corporations are business implementations of authoritarian regimes, bottom line. Until the profit motive is eliminated, it’s only going to get worse. And it will be eliminated not by some smooth politician like Obama or Trump, but by a group of smart scientists who discover technology that will force, by the power of the technology, will force the change.

I do love the tech, so I won’t say the solution isn’t there. I watched people predict a better world as a result of the internet, then watched it become a business that exploited emotions, run by sociopaths, just like agribusiness and oil did in previous generations.

Whatever tech we keep, it has to integrate with small community values, the ones that helped us survive a few million years. Authoritarianism and exploitation will be a threat for centuries to come. We have exposed much of it with faster communication and monitoring. I think humans have about 200,000 years. They can be good or bad.

Oh dear, you don’t think that ship has sailed?
What if no one wants to listen to the scientists?
What if their work can be lied about with impunity, and the lies never corrected?
What if maliciously slandering decent competent scientist becomes a national sport and no one stands up to defend them?

Have you been paying attention to what unfolding this past half century in that regard?

I’m not allowed to touch this in polite company, but hey we’re in a rational discussion forum so I’ll let my hair down. I’m astounded at how many people believe, the radical changes over the past century aren’t going to keep accelerating.

We’re seeing the drum beat of destructive storms, sea level rise, loss of mountain glaciers, northern forests being decimated by bark beetles and fires, Permafrost melting in an ever increasing curve, with all of their associated cascading consequences, known and unknown. Heck even fresh water, current winter not withstanding, is an ever increasing problem that continues to be pretty much ignored by society. Drought and deluge will become the new normal. Our atmosphere is being salted with more moisture and energy, we’re at the beginning of this trend and it’s already pretty gruesome in many places.
(again lip service doesn’t count)
Yet our sociopathic billionaire masters of the universe can’t think of anything but more mega vanity projects.

Were are the solutions going to come from?

This ?

Try finding “climate” mentioned in this article. Oh but you will find weather mentioned, and this is their solution, fantasy:

Imagining the weather command center of the future

D. Controlling Extreme Weather. We continually find ourselves the victims of forces of nature while it is entirely possible to mitigate the damage of extreme weather.

1. Controlling hurricanes
  2. Controlling earthquakes
  3. Controlling tornadoes
  4. Controlling hailstorms
  5. Controlling desertification
  6. Controlling draught and famine
  7. Controlling dust storms
  8. Controlling extreme blizzards, rainfall, and flooding

At least the Rockerfellers built libraries. Now the rich are making rocket ships, just bigger toys.

1 Like