Behold, I bring you, something, not sure what it is

As some of you know, I have this www.milepost100.com page with its somewhat mysterious mission. I’m also currently taking a Biblical scholarship class with Richard Carrier. You get a lot of access to him for a month, for only $79, I highly recommend checking out his offerings. Anyway, he recommend a book “The End of Biblical Studies” by Hector Avalos. From the description, it coincides with one of my goals, to show that there is no point in continuing to study the Bible as if it has something special to offer.
It’s kinda weird really, Avalos is a Biblical scholar, and here he is making a case against doing that. I think it’s important for a variety of reasons, and my tactic is to review the Lectionary, looking for anything of value. I didn’t expect to find much, and the statistics are currently looking about 0.4% that is inspirational and can’t be found in some other myth or philosophy. Worse than I expected.
Why do this? Because the counter argument is, it requires a different approach, one of belief, one of accepting something first, then finding the value. Obviously special pleading, but I’ve seen scholars literally describe what special pleading is, then say they aren’t doing it. That is, special pleading that they aren’t special pleading. Avalos’ book has been out since 2007, and I don’t think it’s getting much attention. My site rarely gets a comment, unless I beg. Internet marketer, I am not. And, what I’m asking for, is basically a challenge, to get a religious person to show me, in the text, just what the hell it is they are talking about. Knowing it can’t be done, they won’t.
So, I plod along. I might finish in a year or so at the pace I’m going. After some recent reading, I’m thinking of adding an index for all the places where there are variants in the Greek or changes made by later theologians that alter the theology. That’s something that I’ve found hard to find all in one place. Here’s one Carrier showed us, timely for Christmas, I build off it to make my case for ending this incredible waste of time that leads to pedophiles running for the Senate. Religious Deviant: Behold, I bring you tidings of great joy
FYI, if you want to try this on your religious uncle this Christmas, I already got the apologetic answer from my ex-pastor.

Behold, I bring you humor.
Not trying to be disrespectful to christians, I nevertheless feel compelled to show this little piece of brilliant cinematography.

Behold, I bring you humor. Not trying to be disrespectful to christians, I nevertheless feel compelled to show this little piece of brilliant cinematography. http://cheezburger.com/89091073/this-hilarious-christmas-ad-nails-the-potential-holiday-destruction
That's probably one of the cutest mini productions I have ever come across. It is Brilliant indeed. Thank you so much. ...Ooh Myy, ABSOULTELY Adorable!
Behold, I bring you humor. Not trying to be disrespectful to christians, I nevertheless feel compelled to show this little piece of brilliant cinematography. http://cheezburger.com/89091073/this-hilarious-christmas-ad-nails-the-potential-holiday-destruction
That was funny. I can't help trying to imagine the mind behind creating such advertising. A life long fantasy, nagging away, until a dream, the dream, provides a solution. A few hours spent writing up a script and a few splendid drawings of kitty cat Xmas mayhem. One hell of sales pitch later and a life long dream becomes reality. Then get paid for the fun. Brilliant. :lol:

Lausten that was an interesting read.

The 1% of today only have power over us because we don’t do this work. The 1% in the time of Luke had a much easier time of it because they were the only ones who could read at all. The fact that I learned these things is the result of the accumulated knowledge I mentioned above and the cooperation of people across borders. The internet began as a way for scholars to share their work. It has become a way to avoid the lines during the Christmas rush. How it will be used tomorrow is our choice.
Not sure what I'd do with it, since for me Bible studies have fallen to irrelevance, human machinations are human machinations. Not that stuff being written about isn't important and worthy - simply that the Bible has lost all divine or even rational relevance to me, it's a work of literature and provides insights into the human spirit and people's minds, not "God's Mind."