American Health Care System.

http://sciencefriday.com/segment/12/07/2012/-escape-fire-exposes-flaws-of-american-healthcare.html
Science Friday reviewed a new movie named Escape Fire from director Matthew Heineman. There were interesting aspects about this story and movie which raise good questions. In the movie they talk about a military sergeant who was suffering with pain/depression (I can’t remember very well) and the traditional medicines were not working, then he turned to alternative medicines…
I think the movie is supporting the adoption of some alternative medicines into the general health care system. I would be interested in watching and weighing the claims of the movie if my current schedule weren’t already so packed. Has anyone seen this movie? If so, what did you think?
Also, Any research articles, pro or against,

1. Acupuncture
  2. Meditation
  3. Yoga exercises
  4. Counselling
  5. Effective placebo use

Its hard to form an opinion. There isn’t much information there. Just a 2 1/2 minute trailer and a SciFri podcast. As brief as the trailer was it made a few valid points about weaknesses in the health care system but any movie that has Andrew Weil in it is always suspect in my book. it remains to be seen what role he plays but the man has never had anything valuable to add to the conversation. The podcast repeated some of the things mentioned n the trailer.
I might watch the documentary when it comes out but if the thrust of the conversation is that we have to entertain all options even alternative nonsense to repair the system I won’t stay for the end.

Um, “adoption of some alternative medicines” is a completely miniscule problem compared to the real issues the American Health Profit system has. Even if alt meds were adopted 100%, the system as a whole is profit based. Drug companies would find a way to extort people just the same, except now their commercials would probably all have “now it’s organic!” themes.