Allow me to Introduce Myself

My name is Richard, I am a professional Archaeologist from the UK.
I am the sole writer of the new(ish) skeptical blog Incoherent Skeptical Ramblings.

Would love any feedback from you guys. And I’ll be around these forums too offering my (lack of) knowledge too.

Wow, a blog with citations! What a concept!

My name is Richard, I am a professional Archaeologist from the UK. I am the sole writer of the new(ish) skeptical blog Incoherent Skeptical Ramblings. incoherentskepticalramblings.wordpress.com Would love any feedback from you guys. And I'll be around these forums too offering my (lack of) knowledge too.
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois
My name is Richard, I am a professional Archaeologist from the UK. I am the sole writer of the new(ish) skeptical blog Incoherent Skeptical Ramblings. incoherentskepticalramblings.wordpress.com Would love any feedback from you guys. And I'll be around these forums too offering my (lack of) knowledge too.
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois I live near London A town called High Wycombe.
Wow, a blog with citations! What a concept!
Thanks I was looking for that niche market...
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois I live near London A town called High Wycombe. My husband is from Watford in Herfordshire. Lois
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois I live near London A town called High Wycombe. My husband is from Watford in Herfordshire. Lois Yes I know Watford, but cant say I've ever been there.

I read your blog on Magicians and Psychics, and it reminded me of a mystery movie called “Columbo Goes to the Guillotine”. The murderer was posing as a psychic, and he had managed to pass a remote viewing test, convincing the U.S. Army that he was genuine. They were about to take him away to a classified location someplace, so before he could solve the murder, Columbo first had to convince the Army that he had fooled them. The problem was, he didn’t have a clue how he had done it! He went to a magic shop and found a 12 year old boy who told him that for enough milk shakes and hamburgers, he could probably figure out how he did it.
“What makes you so sure?” Columbo said. “This guy fooled the U.S. Army!”
“You keep telling yourself it’s a Trick,” the boy said. “Never forget it’s a Trick.”

I read your blog on Magicians and Psychics, and it reminded me of a mystery movie called "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine". The murderer was posing as a psychic, and he had managed to pass a remote viewing test, convincing the U.S. Army that he was genuine. They were about to take him away to a classified location someplace, so before he could solve the murder, Columbo first had to convince the Army that he had fooled them. The problem was, he didn't have a clue how he had done it! He went to a magic shop and found a 12 year old boy who told him that for enough milk shakes and hamburgers, he could probably figure out how he did it. "What makes you so sure?" Columbo said. "This guy fooled the U.S. Army!" "You keep telling yourself it's a Trick," the boy said. "Never forget it's a Trick."
Good thing I didn't really need to solve the tricks Xendrius featured/lifted. It would have been easier for Columbo to call the army on any logical fallacies to throw in reasonable doubt. I'll give it a watch if it's on.
I read your blog on Magicians and Psychics, and it reminded me of a mystery movie called "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine". The murderer was posing as a psychic, and he had managed to pass a remote viewing test, convincing the U.S. Army that he was genuine. They were about to take him away to a classified location someplace, so before he could solve the murder, Columbo first had to convince the Army that he had fooled them. The problem was, he didn't have a clue how he had done it! He went to a magic shop and found a 12 year old boy who told him that for enough milk shakes and hamburgers, he could probably figure out how he did it. "What makes you so sure?" Columbo said. "This guy fooled the U.S. Army!" "You keep telling yourself it's a Trick," the boy said. "Never forget it's a Trick."
Good thing I didn't really need to solve the tricks Xendrius featured/lifted. It would have been easier for Columbo to call the army on any logical fallacies to throw in reasonable doubt. I'll give it a watch if it's on. You might find it on Netflix. Lois
Good thing I didn't really need to solve the tricks Xendrius featured/lifted. It would have been easier for Columbo to call the army on any logical fallacies to throw in reasonable doubt. I'll give it a watch if it's on. You might find it on Netflix. Lois Already looked, not there...
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois I live near London A town called High Wycombe. My husband is from Watford in Herfordshire. Lois Yes I know Watford, but cant say I've ever been there. My husband said High Wycomb is a nice, upscale place. "The opposite of Watford", he said. Oh, well! I guess you haven't missed much. It served him well enough. He went to Merchant Taylors school and then to Cambridge where he read Classics. Lois
Where are you in the UK, Richard? Lois I live near London A town called High Wycombe. My husband is from Watford in Herfordshire. Lois Yes I know Watford, but cant say I've ever been there. My husband said High Wycomb is a nice, upscale place. "The opposite of Watford", he said. Oh, well! I guess you haven't missed much. It served him well enough. He went to Merchant Taylors school and then to Cambridge where he read Classics. Lois It's changed a bit since then. And oh Cambridge, not bad (coming from a guy from a Not so prestigious university).
Good thing I didn't really need to solve the tricks Xendrius featured/lifted. It would have been easier for Columbo to call the army on any logical fallacies to throw in reasonable doubt. I'll give it a watch if it's on. You might find it on Netflix. Lois Already looked, not there... Coming from the UK as you do, I don't know if you realize Columbo was a television series that originally ran in the 70's and 80's. If there's a section for television, try there.
Good thing I didn't really need to solve the tricks Xendrius featured/lifted. It would have been easier for Columbo to call the army on any logical fallacies to throw in reasonable doubt. I'll give it a watch if it's on. You might find it on Netflix. Lois Already looked, not there... Coming from the UK as you do, I don't know if you realize Columbo was a television series that originally ran in the 70's and 80's. If there's a section for television, try there. I should have known, but I didn't, in my defence I'm only in my 20s.