AI assisted writing

Just ran across a very interesting AI-based writing assistant. Not only does it spell-check, but also rates the content for clarity in the context.

To top it off, it tells you the emotional content of the presentation, i.e. Friendly, Direct, Confident, and accompanies it with an emoji.

And best of all …It’s free!

https://app.grammarly.com/?

p.s. I have no conflicts in this recommendation.

I got that a couple weeks ago. I got an emoji that looked kind of shocked on one of my posts to dad1

I tried that before and I didn’t have much luck with it. It didn’t work for me nor did I have emojis, but this was a couple years ago.

I tried that before and I didn’t have much luck with it. It didn’t work for me nor did I have emojis, but this was a couple years ago.
It only has about 5 or 6 emojis to accompany the "emotional content" rating.

What I like especially is that also corrects punctuation, i.e. spacing, placing commas, hyphens. It just polishes the quality of the text.

As English is my second language, it helps me in composing a coherent message.

I got that a couple weeks ago. I got an emoji that looked kind of shocked on one of my posts to dad1
You can open the emotional content of the emoji message by clicking on it at bottom right of the page.

I’ve always thought your English was pretty good. Better than many U.S. English speakers.

Thank you. That’s important to me.

Congratulations for your English, @write4u

Where there’s an upside there’s a downside. I read an article awhile back about exactly the same idea, AI writing content. In that case though it was an experiment to see how effectively an AI program could generate content based on a few questions, legal content I think it was. Point being, whoever the scumbags are that are doing this stuff are thinking about ways to generate fake content that only reads real. No doubt they’ll want to get rid of more jobs.

Congratulations for your English, @write4u
Thank you Morgan, much appreciated.
Where there’s an upside there’s a downside. I read an article awhile back about exactly the same idea, AI writing content. In that case though it was an experiment to see how effectively an AI program could generate content based on a few questions, legal content I think it was. Point being, whoever the scumbags are that are doing this stuff are thinking about ways to generate fake content that only reads real. No doubt they’ll want to get rid of more jobs. -- Cuthbertj
I think it is high time that we paid attention to our most important mode of communication. If you compare the current state of the English language (texting) with the linguistic eloquence of the Shakespearean times, it is clear that our language has suffered perhaps fatal deterioration and a perverse dumbing down.

Any help that an AI can provide in that area should be welcomed.

Fake content that reads real?” What on earth does that mean? As compared to intentional fake content that reads real by modern human con-artists?

Why are AI immediately suspected of harming society when actual human-caused harm is in abundant evidence? I don’t understand these knee-jerk hysterical reactions to anything that may offer beneficial uses, such as working under hazardous conditions, jobs where humans would suffer injury.

luytf;luyv/ihnPOIHj’oug

Based on this single prompt:
“They’re taking the robots to Isengard, they’re taking the robots to Isengard!”

This is a poem written by GPT3 without any further assist or direction.
This was probably the best completion:

To Isengard, with engines’ song and rocket-blast!
To Isengard!
With plenty of tin and steel for Saruman!
To Isengard!
To Isengard, where the wizard waits.
With the voice of rolling wheels, and ringing steel
On land, on water, in the sky.
They’re taking the robots to Isengard, they’re taking the robots to Isengard.
Under the trees, through the grass.
Down the roads where battles are fought.
No horse can stay, no rider can last.
They’re taking the robots to Isengard, taking the robots to Isengard.
With good King Théoden who died in single combat,
The last of the kings of Rohan who fought with honour!
There is no comfort for Gondor, no hope for men.
Only maybe a child will understand.
And it’s taking the robots to Isengard.
With uttermost silence, unsaid words, and unending pain.

I find this remarkably coherent and poetic.

Does GPT-3? Who do I ask? For a functional decomposition of the process?

The actual program is proprietary, but select researchers are granted access for advanced development.

Ask the GPT3 !
Try this on for size. Note the presence of artificial microtubules,

Interesting thought. If we are the gods creating artificial intelligence, we have entered an era of gods competing for supremacy of the artificial world.