A Great Question

Why does rational thinking stop at religion? Where is the thoughtful objective analysis of economic theory based on observations of the socioeconomic outcomes for the masses from people who champion critical thinking?

Here you go:
Inside Job
https://www.netflix.com/title/70139555

That’s a terrible question. Dawkins is a biologist. He got started in the religion debate because religion was attacking his work. The better question is, why would a biologist get involved in an economics debate? Or insert “philosopher” or whatever titles you want for Harris or Dennett. Religion is related to politics because it influences politicians and they use it to influence people. Dawkins et. al. have chosen to approach it from educating people about how they are being lied to instead of taking on the extremely powerful people who are creating those lies.
And they take on Reiki because they know that once you believe one dumb thing for no reason, you are susceptible to more dumb things.

Hello Sr Member. That’s a terrible answer. Rational thinking transcends all areas of life. Even socioeconomic issues. Capitalism today in the form of neoliberalism promotes and defends pseudoscience when it’s comes to stuff like fracking, climate change renewable energy, health, education and war.

Here you go: Inside Job https://www.netflix.com/title/70139555[/quote Did not mention the words capitalism, class, robber barons, rentiers, parasites once.
Did not mention the words capitalism, class, robber barons, rentiers, parasites once.
I don't recall if the video uses those specific words, but that's basically what it's about. If you'd watched the video you'd know that already.

It does not

If you have a point, I’ll admit I have no idea what it is.

If you have a point, I'll admit I have no idea what it is.
did the words "failure of the capitalist system" come to mind?
Why does rational thinking stop at religion? Where is the thoughtful objective analysis of economic theory based on observations of the socioeconomic outcomes for the masses from people who champion critical thinking? https://things-that-matter.net/2017/07/05/why-doesnt-richard-dawkins-ever-debunk-us-militarism-trickle-down-economics-or-corporate-media-propaganda/
Theistic religion stops rational thinking because if rational thinking were permitted most religions would evaporate. Theistic religion is the antithesis of rational thinking.
Why does rational thinking stop at religion? Where is the thoughtful objective analysis of economic theory based on observations of the socioeconomic outcomes for the masses from people who champion critical thinking? https://things-that-matter.net/2017/07/05/why-doesnt-richard-dawkins-ever-debunk-us-militarism-trickle-down-economics-or-corporate-media-propaganda/
Theistic religion stops rational thinking because if rational thinking were permitted most religions would evaporate. Theistic religion is the antithesis of rational thinking. what about neo Liberial thinking?
Theistic religion stops rational thinking because if rational thinking were permitted most religions would evaporate. Theistic religion is the antithesis of rational thinking.
Theists claim we go to heaven after death. Atheists claim we rot in the ground, and that's it. Neither side can prove anything. Should we choose a theory which gives people hope, and encourages them to earn heaven through constructive behavior? Or should we choose a theory which promises nothing as a reward for all our efforts? We can't separate these theories on the basis of fantasy, because both are fantasy. The theist thinks they know, the atheist thinks they know, but the truth is nobody has a clue what death is. Which is the most rational theory?
Theists claim we go to heaven after death. Atheists claim we rot in the ground, and that's it. Neither side can prove anything. Should we choose a theory which gives people hope, and encourages them to earn heaven through constructive behavior? Or should we choose a theory which promises nothing as a reward for all our efforts? We can't separate these theories on the basis of fantasy, because both are fantasy. The theist thinks they know, the atheist thinks they know, but the truth is nobody has a clue what death is. Which is the most rational theory? You moron. Should we choose to believe this life the only one and live to it to the fullest or should we live like it doesn't matter as there is another one coming?
Theists claim we go to heaven after death. Atheists claim we rot in the ground, and that's it. Neither side can prove anything. Should we choose a theory which gives people hope, and encourages them to earn heaven through constructive behavior? Or should we choose a theory which promises nothing as a reward for all our efforts? We can't separate these theories on the basis of fantasy, because both are fantasy. The theist thinks they know, the atheist thinks they know, but the truth is nobody has a clue what death is. Which is the most rational theory? Nothing for our efforts? What have you done that has returned nothing? I ran a marathon. Nobody cares. I didn't win. I got a healthier body. I sent a few thousand meals to Haiti. A lot of the people who got them died anyway. Haiti is still a deep well of despair. But I know I passed on the idea of helping people to a lot of others who participated in that work. I read poetry. Most of the time I don't get what it's saying. Sometimes it shifts my perspective and for a moment the meaningless universe seems to have a purpose and it feels everything does matter. If you aren't getting rewards from living, maybe you are doing it wrong. Should we choose a theory that gives people hope? You mean the one that is not falsifiable and has never produced a shred of demonstrable evidence? The one that keeps changing, moving heaven further and further away as we learn more? You mean the one where we lie to people? We tried that, it hasn't panned out.
Theists claim we go to heaven after death. Atheists claim we rot in the ground, and that's it. Neither side can prove anything. Should we choose a theory which gives people hope, and encourages them to earn heaven through constructive behavior? Or should we choose a theory which promises nothing as a reward for all our efforts? We can't separate these theories on the basis of fantasy, because both are fantasy. The theist thinks they know, the atheist thinks they know, but the truth is nobody has a clue what death is. Which is the most rational theory? Nothing for our efforts? What have you done that has returned nothing? I ran a marathon. Nobody cares. I didn't win. I got a healthier body. I sent a few thousand meals to Haiti. A lot of the people who got them died anyway. Haiti is still a deep well of despair. But I know I passed on the idea of helping people to a lot of others who participated in that work. I read poetry. Most of the time I don't get what it's saying. Sometimes it shifts my perspective and for a moment the meaningless universe seems to have a purpose and it feels everything does matter. If you aren't getting rewards from living, maybe you are doing it wrong. Should we choose a theory that gives people hope? You mean the one that is not falsifiable and has never produced a shred of demonstrable evidence? The one that keeps changing, moving heaven further and further away as we learn more? You mean the one where we lie to people? We tried that, it hasn't panned out. Well said
Hello Sr Member. That's a terrible answer. Rational thinking transcends all areas of life. Even socioeconomic issues. Capitalism today in the form of neoliberalism promotes and defends pseudoscience when it's comes to stuff like fracking, climate change renewable energy, health, education and war.
I didn't follow your logic from "rational thinking" to capitalism. Capitalism doesn't require rationalism.
Theistic religion stops rational thinking because if rational thinking were permitted most religions would evaporate. Theistic religion is the antithesis of rational thinking. what about neo Liberial thinking? What about it?
Hello Sr Member. That's a terrible answer. Rational thinking transcends all areas of life. Even socioeconomic issues. Capitalism today in the form of neoliberalism promotes and defends pseudoscience when it's comes to stuff like fracking, climate change renewable energy, health, education and war.
I didn't follow your logic from "rational thinking" to capitalism. Capitalism doesn't require rationalism. Lausten- are you having a laugh when you say that? From the empirical evidence : Is it rational to think that tax cuts to the rich helps the working class? Is it rational to think that deregulation helps create jobs? is it rational to think that privatising the essential public services benefits the public? is it rational to think that the rich are job creators? Is it rational to think capitalism = democracy? Is it rational to think climate change can be addressed with the framework of capitalism? Is it rational to think that capitalism doesnt need imperialist wars? Is it rational to think a free market exists?
Theistic religion stops rational thinking because if rational thinking were permitted most religions would evaporate. Theistic religion is the antithesis of rational thinking. what about neo Liberial thinking? What about it? rational?
I didn't follow your logic from "rational thinking" to capitalism. Capitalism doesn't require rationalism. Lausten- are you having a laugh when you say that? From the empirical evidence : Is it rational to think that tax cuts to the rich helps the working class? Is it rational to think that deregulation helps create jobs? is it rational to think that privatising the essential public services benefits the public? is it rational to think that the rich are job creators? Is it rational to think capitalism = democracy? Is it rational to think climate change can be addressed with the framework of capitalism? Is it rational to think that capitalism doesnt need imperialist wars? Is it rational to think a free market exists? No, not a joke. I just don't get what the point is. The OP was asking why certain people don't critique economics like they critique religion. My answer was that it's not their area. But there are people who do critique economics. Noam Chomsky would be a good example. You can find experts that respond to every one of your questions above. So what's the connection to rationalism? Some people have rational critiques, some not so much. Just because we see irrational things happening, it doesn't mean rationalism is never applied to economics.