Yale study and apathy over climate change... - why is consensus important?

…last word.

Gosh Sine, I didn’t have to travel very far to refute your claim. See what I mean? C’mon man, don’t just talk to hear your head rattle. You know that AGW has been proven over and over again by the leading climatologists World Wide. Why sing this denial tune if not just to stir interest?

Cap’t Jack

I can’t understand why you are all so concerned that you can’t convert Sine Dues from his climate change denial. I’m sure you’ve all seen many examples of religious fundamentalists who are completely incapable of accepting any counter-indicating facts, no matter how obvious. Why should this denial belief be any different?
Occam

aw but hope springs eternal
:cheese:

Climate science is an infant science. We know lots about physics, chemistry and biology. We know a lot less about earth systems. I do not make a claim to know more than a scientist. James Hansen is not a climate scientist. But because he says what you want to hear darron, you use him as a source. I notice that you dont quote Tim Ball...he is a climate scientist.....how about Judith Curry....she is an acclaimed climatologist. Ah ,but I sense that you will have your own personal reasons for not quoting these REAL climate scientist instead of James Hansen........ I am glad that I at least amuse you....you are so closed minded when it comes to GLOBAL WARMING that I can't see you learning anything from me.
James Hansen is not a climate scientist? James Edward Hansen (born March 29, 1941) is an American adjunct professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University. Hansen is best known for his research in the field of climatology, his testimony on climate change to congressional committees in 1988 that helped raise broad awareness of global warming, and his advocacy of action to avoid dangerous climate change. In recent years, Hansen has become an activist for action to mitigate the effects of climate change, which on a few occasions has led to his arrest. After graduate school, Hansen continued his work with radiative transfer models, attempting to understand the Venusian atmosphere. Later he applied and refined these models to understand the Earth's atmosphere, in particular, the effects that aerosols and trace gases have on Earth's climate. Hansen's development and use of global climate models has contributed to the further understanding of the Earth's climate. In 2009 his first book, Storms of My Grandchildren, was published. From 1981 to 2013, he was the head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, a part of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. (Wikipedia) What would you call him, then? What qualifications does your definition of a climate scientist have that James Hansen lacks?
I can't understand why you are all so concerned that you can't convert Sine Dues from his climate change denial. I'm sure you've all seen many examples of religious fundamentalists who are completely incapable of accepting any counter-indicating facts, no matter how obvious. Why should this denial belief be any different? Occam
Good point. I also notice SD hasn't visited the forums since he so thoroughly embarrassed himself a couple of days ago. James Hansen not a climate scientist? Epic fail. If SD ever shows up around here again he needs to come back humbled and acknowledging his bias.

I just read an interesting article in Science News. It seems climate change is already affecting the growing season of grapes in Italy and southern France. They project that by 2050, neither of those areas will be suitable for winemaking. Major winemakes are already starting to plant vineyards further north.

I just read an interesting article in Science News. It seems climate change is already affecting the growing season of grapes in Italy and southern France. They project that by 2050, neither of those areas will be suitable for winemaking. Major winemakes are already starting to plant vineyards further north.
That would not convince the climate change deniers that it isn't just a natural cycle that we can't do anything about. Most climate change deniers don't claim there is no climate change taking place, only that it is natural and is not caused by human activity, therefore there is nothing we can do to avoid it--certainly nothing that would interfere with the capitalistic drive. Lois

Some interesting info on how ice packs work:

That would not convince the climate change deniers that it isn't just a natural cycle that we can't do anything about. Most climate change deniers don't claim there is no climate change taking place, only that it is natural and is not caused by human activity, therefore there is nothing we can do to avoid it--certainly nothing that would interfere with the capitalistic drive. Lois Well, don't you know that the official thermometer measurements get "adjusted" ALL the time !!!!!!! !!!! ! by government employee eeevveen - what more proof do you need that global warming isn't a problem! Perfectly logical you warmist. :coolsmile:

In my observation, most climate change deniers are whiskey drinker, not winos so they won’t give a damn about where the vineyards are. :coolsmirk: