When Did Astrology Columns Appear in Newspapers?

I suspect when publishers realized many women read newspapers, horoscopes became more commonly published in them.
Misogyny doesn't suit you. On the other hand, maybe it does. LoisUnless it's true that women tend to read horoscopes. Jumping to a conclusion that mid atlantic is being misogynistic just because he said something you don't like is being um, man-hating, whatever the term is. The term is "reasonable." That more women than men read horoscopes means nothing. More men than women watch sports. Does that tell anything about their intellect? Both are merely entertainment. That's all they are. But check out sometime the amount of newspaper space given to sports and compare it to the amount of space given to horoscopes. We don't see pages of "Horoscope Sections" in every newspaper, to say nothing of the hours of mindless sports coverage on television and radio every day. LoisThis is a typically female response, and it's good proof of why women will always be in the back seat of any intellectual endeavour.
I suspect when publishers realized many women read newspapers, horoscopes became more commonly published in them.
Misogyny doesn't suit you. On the other hand, maybe it does. LoisUnless it's true that women tend to read horoscopes. Jumping to a conclusion that mid atlantic is being misogynistic just because he said something you don't like is being um, man-hating, whatever the term is. The term is "reasonable." That more women than men read horoscopes means nothing. More men than women watch sports. Does that tell anything about their intellect? Both are merely entertainment. That's all they are. But check out sometime the amount of newspaper space given to sports and compare it to the amount of space given to horoscopes. We don't see pages of "Horoscope Sections" in every newspaper, to say nothing of the hours of mindless sports coverage on television and radio every day. LoisThis is a typically female response, and it's good proof of why women will always be in the back seat of any intellectual endeavour. You have made my point for me. If your post is any example, men are women's intellectual inferiors and you have proven it nicely. Thanks. ;)
This is a typically female response, and it's good proof of why women will always be in the back seat of any intellectual endeavour.
mid atlantic, Rule 3(f)] is against abuse, which includes sexism. This matter is under discussion with the Mods. Meanwhile any continued posting that leads to rule violations may lead to banning.