What is Atheism?

What is Atheism?
At one time in my life I considered myself an Atheist or Agnostic - back & forth at times - wrestling with concepts & ideas, meanings and sometime confusion. But always finding my self still sitting at Zero - nothing.
Long before I reached a point of atheistic reality I had been - like many- on the negative side of the number-line living a religious or pseudo-religious existence of essentially Idealistic Humanistic philosophy and it was a stage of growth that If one is trying to get to the positive side of the number-line from the negative side…sooner or later you must land on Zero.
So what is Atheism? what is ‘an Atheist’?
Atheists are brave persons, for they reject “belief" in God and if there is an all powerful supernatural being that humanity refers to as “God" then they have taken a very courageous position. But this rejection in belief in God is merely a belief that a God does not exist and thus it is a negative belief. It’s not a positive belief of embracing our Natural Existence but Atheism is a negation. These persons, atheists, seems to me, need a God to NOT believe in – is that unbelief? is that embracing a positive Life? They spend most of their time bashing “belief in God" or other superstitions. They need God to attack as an enemy more than many “believers" I’ve observed need God to worship. Why? What if the concept “God" had never been invented my dear Atheist friends? What would these Atheists have to talk about? They reject belief in God because it isn’t true? They need something “true"? Faith in Truth: but that is no different than Christians or any of the Worlds major religions – they too are seeking ‘Truth’. Atheists need Faith in Truth. They are slaves to Truth. But they can’t find Truth or Life up ahead as a part of their Natural Existence so they look backwards and bash the Lie – Nihilism seems to me is what really reigns in Atheism.
…as I elaborate; If all that exists is of our physical/natural universe; ie that the Natural Realm is all that exists and that this Natural Realm must be a closed system; and that all forces are part and product of this closed system known as the Natural Realm. Then it follows that Humanity must also be a part & product of and only a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence…
If then, Humanity is a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence and only a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence and any forces thereof; then all that stems from Humanity must be a part and product of this closed Natural Realm/Existence as well. This of course includes all that is seen/observed outwardly from Humanity but must therefore also include all from Humanity that is not seen/observed outwardly. All the thoughts, feelings, intuitions, etc that are produced by the Human animal that perhaps are not able to be seen outwardly - whether they be ‘True’ or ‘Lie’; delusion or whatever. Obviously included in this must be the idea, concept of ‘God’ - otherwise where else has it come from?
God therefore must exist! my dear Atheist/Agnostic friends as a part & product of our Natural Realm/Existence even if only as an abstract invention of the Human mind!
Therefore it follows when the Atheist says there is no God; that God does not exist, the Atheist is in fact denying a part & product of Human Natural Existence (for better or for worse) which is also a denial of the very Natural Realm that must be a closed system. So the atheist not only denies the existence of the supernatural realm but also that of the Natural Realm!!
If you deny both the Natural Realm as well as the supernatural realm tell me my Atheist friends: What the hell is left??? Nothing is left hence Atheism/Agnosticism = Nihilism. Such is the case of the pathetic Atheist Homo sapiens beast.
The Secular argument then should not be whether or not ‘God’ exists - but rather who created whom? Did ‘God’ create the Natural Realm & our Natural Existence or is ‘God’ a creation of that Natural Realm - as a part & product of Human Existence?
Thanx…INTJohn (aka John Doornbos)

What is Atheism? At one time in my life I considered myself an Atheist or Agnostic - back & forth at times - wrestling with concepts & ideas, meanings and sometime confusion. But always finding my self still sitting at Zero - nothing. Long before I reached a point of atheistic reality I had been - like many- on the negative side of the number-line living a religious or pseudo-religious existence of essentially Idealistic Humanistic philosophy and it was a stage of growth that If one is trying to get to the positive side of the number-line from the negative side.........sooner or later you must land on Zero. So what is Atheism? what is 'an Atheist'? Atheists are brave persons, for they reject “belief" in God and if there is an all powerful supernatural being that humanity refers to as “God" then they have taken a very courageous position. But this rejection in belief in God is merely a belief that a God does not exist and thus it is a negative belief. It’s not a positive belief of embracing our Natural Existence but Atheism is a negation. These persons, atheists, seems to me, need a God to NOT believe in – is that unbelief? is that embracing a positive Life? They spend most of their time bashing “belief in God" or other superstitions. They need God to attack as an enemy more than many “believers" I’ve observed need God to worship. Why? What if the concept “God" had never been invented my dear Atheist friends? What would these Atheists have to talk about? They reject belief in God because it isn’t true? They need something “true"? Faith in Truth: but that is no different than Christians or any of the Worlds major religions – they too are seeking ‘Truth’. Atheists need Faith in Truth. They are slaves to Truth. But they can’t find Truth or Life up ahead as a part of their Natural Existence so they look backwards and bash the Lie – Nihilism seems to me is what really reigns in Atheism. ........as I elaborate; If all that exists is of our physical/natural universe; ie that the Natural Realm is all that exists and that this Natural Realm must be a closed system; and that all forces are part and product of this closed system known as the Natural Realm. Then it follows that Humanity must also be a part & product of and only a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence............. If then, Humanity is a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence and only a part & product of this Natural Realm/Existence and any forces thereof; then all that stems from Humanity must be a part and product of this closed Natural Realm/Existence as well. This of course includes all that is seen/observed outwardly from Humanity but must therefore also include all from Humanity that is not seen/observed outwardly. All the thoughts, feelings, intuitions, etc that are produced by the Human animal that perhaps are not able to be seen outwardly - whether they be 'True' or 'Lie'; delusion or whatever. Obviously included in this must be the idea, concept of 'God' - otherwise where else has it come from? God therefore must exist! my dear Atheist/Agnostic friends as a part & product of our Natural Realm/Existence even if only as an abstract invention of the Human mind! Therefore it follows when the Atheist says there is no God; that God does not exist, the Atheist is in fact denying a part & product of Human Natural Existence (for better or for worse) which is also a denial of the very Natural Realm that must be a closed system. So the atheist not only denies the existence of the supernatural realm but also that of the Natural Realm!! If you deny both the Natural Realm as well as the supernatural realm tell me my Atheist friends: What the hell is left??? Nothing is left hence Atheism/Agnosticism = Nihilism. Such is the case of the pathetic Atheist Homo sapiens beast. The Secular argument then should not be whether or not 'God' exists - but rather who created whom? Did 'God' create the Natural Realm & our Natural Existence or is 'God' a creation of that Natural Realm - as a part & product of Human Existence? Thanx..........INTJohn (aka John Doornbos)
The problem is, an atheist does not say there is no god. An atheist says he has no belief that a god exosts. There is a world of difference between those statements. An anto-theist may say there is no god. some atheists may also make such a statement, but it has nothing to do with atheism. It's a cpmp,etely separate issue. When anyone claims there is no god you are within the rules of the game to ask for evodence. That personis making a claim and the burden of proof is on him to prove it. Aan atheist, who simply says he has no belief in god is not making a claim but stating his lack of belief. Although many dictionaries define atheist as one who says thereis no go, they are simply reflecting the way the word is used--which is what dictionaries are supposed to do. The root of "atheism" is: a=without; theism=belief in god. There is nothing in it that addressees the existence of a god. When the majority of atheists use the words atheist and atheism, that is what they mean. It's theists who can't seem to get their minds around it. Or they are being disingenuous. Lois