What about Guardian Angels?

Okay lets play. Everyone likes talking about god and ghosts.

Are they “real”?

What are they?

Of course seems like all that begs the question:

What is real when it comes to our mindscapes?

My friend let’s play. Guardian Angels don’t have a union or a promoter. They seek out every nook and cranny that could present mayhem to an unsuspecting human. They just appear to make the human experience more enjoyable then blend back into whatever or go poof!

There was/is a group by that name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels.

I’m sure you know most angels on Earth are people.

What is real when it comes to our mindscapes?
I suggest we would need to determine whether a mindscape is something real before we could answer your question.

Are Guardian Angels real? You’d better believe it. I do.

Mine is with me every moment keeping me away from danger and preventing me from stepping on scum and dogshit.

I suggest we would need to determine whether a mindscape is something real before we could answer your question.
Does your mind produce images for you to comprehend of the creation it witnesses around it? Is your mind at the root of that endless internal dialogue that accompanies us through our lives?

If you can answer yes, then I imagine you know what your Mindscape is.

Sree, so you do believe in Guardian Angels, that give me hope.

Although I gotta admit I do agree with Logic on this one,

I’m sure you know most angels on Earth are people.
Of course then there's Karma, which is not any sort of guardian angel, but interesting as heck in hindsight.

@citizenschallengev3

Don’t get hung up on what words and terms, in themselves, mean. “Guardian Angel” don’t mean a guy with feathered wings hovering around you.

Guardian Angel, to me, is like a bodyguard or secret service security protecting people who matter. I matter. Do you?

Sree said; Guardian Angel, to me, is like a bodyguard or secret service security protecting people who matter. I matter. Do you?
And is this "body guard" or "secret service security", human? Do these body guards have Guardian Angels of their own?

@write4u

And is this “body guard” or “secret service security”, human? Do these body guards have Guardian Angels of their own?
After more than 2000 years, your attitude - reflected in the tone of your questions - has not changed. See answer below.
The Coming of the Kingdom Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, "‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Yeah well, your (and everyone’s) human biome contains a lot of tiny little guardian angels called beneficial bacteria. In fact us humans are a bout 10% human and 90% bacterial.

I bet you didn’t know that… :slight_smile:

Those little angels not only protect us, they keep us alive, and that’s a fact.

@write4u

Keep you alive for what?

sree said: Keep you alive for what?
For as long as possible. That is the motive of all living things and the mathematicalphysical cause for subsequent effect.
This universal constant is contained in the Law of Conservation of Energy. [quote]In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time.[1] This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.

For instance, chemical energy is converted to kinetic energy when a stick of dynamite explodes. If one adds up all forms of energy that were released in the explosion, such as the kinetic energy and potential energy of the pieces, as well as heat and sound, one will get the exact decrease of chemical energy in the combustion of the dynamite.

Classically, conservation of energy was distinct from conservation of mass; however, special relativity showed that mass is related to energy and vice versa by E = mc2, and science now takes the view that mass–energy as a whole is conserved. Theoretically, this implies that any object with mass can itself be converted to pure energy, and vice versa, though this is believed to be possible only under the most extreme of physical conditions, such as likely existed in the universe very shortly after the Big Bang.

Combustion reaction of methane. Where 4 atoms of hydrogen, 4 atoms of oxygen and 1 of carbon are present before and after the reaction. The total mass after the reaction is the same as before the reaction.

sree said: Keep you alive for what?
Reason 2 ; Because the bacteria of our biome want to stay alive and we are their home. They talk to each other and warn each other when something is wrong. They teach our immune system how to protect us.

If you really want to look at Guardian Angels, look at our symbiotic bacterial buddies. We are learning to talk to them and it is not via prayer… :slight_smile:

In the case of virulent bacteria, we are learning to confuse their language so that they can’t communicate with each other and kill us en masse.

the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant
Nice idea but false (a close approximation) in that no system is or can be isolated. Even the universe is not isolated, if one accepts that it has expanded and possibly is expanding or contracting.
Sree, so you do believe in Guardian Angels, that give me hope.
All the "evidence" you will ever find of non-human actors as beneficial agents will be anecdotal. Conclusions about such experiences likely will be challenged.

I suspect that few of those humans that have acted as guardian angels knew that’s what they were doing at the time. Until you hear a voice that is not your own coming from your mouth or find yourself doing something you did not decide to do, you probably won’t believe that your body was being used for that purpose. And those who have not had that experience will likely try to dissuade you from believing.

Even the universe is not isolated, if one accepts that it has expanded and possibly is expanding or contracting.
Expansion or contraction does not affect the total amount of energy. It is only when energy leaves an isolated system we call it "loss of energy".
The total entropy of a system and its surroundings can remain constant in ideal cases where the system is in thermodynamic equilibrium, or is undergoing a (fictive) reversible process. In all processes that occur, including spontaneous processes,[2] the total entropy of the system and its surroundings increases and the process is irreversible in the thermodynamic sense. The increase in entropy accounts for the irreversibility of natural processes, and the asymmetry between future and past
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics