Two huge flaws in the CFI worldview

I remember reading about what side of the brain controls what a while back. I posted a test on just about every web sight I posted on at the time. I don’t keep to one ideology when I pick the places I go to. Liberal, Conservative, Theocratic and Atheist. Heck I have a membership at an anarchistic site. Everywhere I posted that test the results were the same. People used equal parts of both hemispheres of the brain. I think this guy is trying to stretch something he doesn’t understand to fit his view of secular people.
I’ve been in 4 secular sites and all have had their fair share of people registering to quote/unquote show us the error of our ways. I think this is much more to do with intolerance that anything that even remotely intellectual. He just found some little issues that he thinks he can make his hijack to promote his own agenda. Kind of like what the churches have done with religion.

I remember reading about what side of the brain controls what a while back. I posted a test on just about every web sight I posted on at the time. I don't keep to one ideology when I pick the places I go to. Liberal, Conservative, Theocratic and Atheist. Heck I have a membership at an anarchistic site. Everywhere I posted that test the results were the same. People used equal parts of both hemispheres of the brain. I think this guy is trying to stretch something he doesn't understand to fit his view of secular people. I've been in 4 secular sites and all have had their fair share of people registering to quote/unquote show us the error of our ways. I think this is much more to do with intolerance that anything that even remotely intellectual. He just found some little issues that he thinks he can make his hijack to promote his own agenda. Kind of like what the churches have done with religion.
Yes, I think it's related to the 10% myth, but I can't prove it. People think that just because the left brain controls the right side and the right brain controls the left and that each hemisphere is assigned specific actions, such as speech and language, and that that is all there is to it, but it's far more complicated than that. I think even Buddhists monks, esp educated ones, know better than that.

We had a lecture at WNY CFI on meditation a few weeks ago. I missed it due to other commitments. I learned to meditate why serving in Saigon at one of the Churches of the Corner Bar there. It has come in useful from tome to time. Basically. IMO. it is very similar to what I was taught as a kid. "Stop what you are doing, take a deep breath, and think again. I don’t think lack of "meditation is a CFI problem, but a societal one, everyone is now expected “multi-task.”

We had a lecture at WNY CFI on meditation a few weeks ago. I missed it due to other commitments. I learned to meditate why serving in Saigon at one of the Churches of the Corner Bar there. It has come in useful from tome to time. Basically. IMO. it is very similar to what I was taught as a kid. "Stop what you are doing, take a deep breath, and think again. I don't think lack of "meditation is a CFI problem, but a societal one, everyone is now expected "multi-task."
I see this Church of the Corner Bar thing recurring in your posts Gary... I'd like to pick your brain about it. Don't know if I can or will, but I'd like to.
We had a lecture at WNY CFI on meditation a few weeks ago. I missed it due to other commitments. I learned to meditate why serving in Saigon at one of the Churches of the Corner Bar there. It has come in useful from tome to time. Basically. IMO. it is very similar to what I was taught as a kid. "Stop what you are doing, take a deep breath, and think again. I don't think lack of "meditation is a CFI problem, but a societal one, everyone is now expected "multi-task."
I see this Church of the Corner Bar thing recurring in your posts Gary... I'd like to pick your brain about it. Don't know if I can or will, but I'd like to. Our High Priestess is Saduri, the first known barmaid from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Their are many congregations, most likely several in your neighborhood. They are places where people get together, network, and support each other. Yes, we do have many disputes and "theological" differences. But in general we support each other. We don't prey, we toast.
I see this Church of the Corner Bar thing recurring in your posts Gary... I'd like to pick your brain about it. Don't know if I can or will, but I'd like to. Our High Priestess is Saduri, the first known barmaid from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Their are many congregations, most likely several in your neighborhood. They are places where people get together, network, and support each other. Yes, we do have many disputes and "theological" differences. But in general we support each other. We don't prey, we toast. If the Church of the Corner Bar serves wine and has good music, I'll gladly attend at least once.
Our High Priestess is Saduri, the first known barmaid from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Their are many congregations, most likely several in your neighborhood. They are places where people get together, network, and support each other. Yes, we do have many disputes and "theological" differences. But in general we support each other. We don't prey, we toast.
Sorry for the late reply Gary. I forgot where this post/thread was. I tried looking for it the other day...this was the thread I kept discounting as it's location. Yes I attended services at many of the Buffalo/Niagara congregations. I stopped going though. I plan on attending services again one day in earnest. You can't beat the area's congregations though. Strong traditions! :-)

We have come up with an idea. Save your receipts and maybe we can get credit for our “donations” to this “religious organization” as a tax deduction. :coolgrin:

We have come up with an idea. Save your receipts and maybe we can get credit for our "donations" to this "religious organization" as a tax deduction. :coolgrin:
Good luck with that. :-)