The religious implications of climate change

I realize it is hard core Christians complain the most. We need to work with the Christians who believe in man-made climate change. They already have their friends' trust, so they can spread the word more effectively than outsiders who have not established any trust. I know several dozen Christians who understand and accept the consequences of burning fossil fuels. Lumping all Christians together and blaming the many for the sins of the few is counter productive. Shall the Christians lump us together with atheists who are AGW deniers?
Are there large politically active groups of atheists denying the science behind AGW? I didn't think there were any. Nice job of ignoring the body of my post and concentrating on a side remark I threw in to get my post past the forum spam filter. I take it you have nothing to refute my argument that we need to work with moderate Christians, not put them on the defensive by accusing them of enabling wing nuts. The moderate Christians I know are just as appalled by those wing nuts as you and me, yet you think they're no different.No I agree with your point. I was literally just asking about there being large groups of politically active atheists as you imply in your post, the part about Would we want them to lump all atheists into the group that denies AGW. I was questioning THAT part, i.e. I don't think there are any groups of politically active atheists. (It's hard to herd cats).

Subject line: The religious implications of climate change
We have more to worry about with the Republican implications of climate change. They want nothing done that might interfere with making a buck. They are now falling all over themselves with joy at the thought that environmental laws will be rescinded and they can befoul the environment to their heart’s content as long as they can make a buck at it. Some religious factions support this. After, all, god gave humans “dominion” over the earth.
God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis I: 28
Lois

The Bible was written by people and has been reinterpreted many times and can be interpreted many ways.
If someone truly believes that a higher power created all of reality in their image then destroying it is sacrilegious not religious.

The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the exalted of the earth languish. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.
Most religions make it clear that the glory of god lies in all creation not just one aspect, it's the fringe extremes of religion that go on to claim that man is the only consideration of religion as they manipulate believers for their own personal interests not those of a higher power. By encouraging people of faith to return to a much more meaningful expression of what their faiths are actually based on we can begin to move together to a sustainable world to live in. Religion, environmentalism and social justice are not incompatible, in fact any genuine religion is going to embrace these things.

Rekigious Liberals Sat Out Politics for 40 Years. Now they Want in the Game]
NYT, so you may need a free subscription to read the article.

Frustrated by Christian conservatives’ focus on reversing liberal successes in legalizing abortion and same-sex marriage, those on the religious left want to turn instead to what they see as truly fundamental biblical imperatives — caring for the poor, welcoming strangers and protecting the earth — and maybe even change some minds about what it means to be a believer.
Austin TX, has an interfaith alliance that works with secular environmental organizations. There are similar groups around the country. Yeah, it took them too long to wake up, but they are awakening and we share a lot of values.
Most religions make it clear that the glory of god lies in all creation not just one aspect, it's the fringe extremes of religion that go on to claim that man is the only consideration of religion as they manipulate believers for their own personal interests not those of a higher power.
Unfortunately as nice as all your words sound, it's the fringe extremes of the Abrahamic religions that have been consolidating all the power these past decades, all the while converting it into political power which few seem to have the moxie or wherewithal to challenge. I noticed you avoided my earlier question about all the 'lines' that religions have drawn in the sand trying to hobble the advances that the Intellectual Enlightenment achieved. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How about this thought The only religious implications for climate change are if your religion allows you to lie to yourself and others about real world physical facts. and to deliberately misrepresent serious science to others and yourself. If anyone can mention any other way 'religion' can help in people appreciating what we are doing to this planet's biosphere, that we depend on for everything, I'd love to hear it. Notice I don't even include figuring out how they could help fix any of it. Honest recognition of the situation it a required first step.