How Jesus Christ Changed My Life!! He Can Change Yours too!!

Hi

Just like to share this message and testimony of how Jesus Christ changed my life!!

I suffered from depression for about 18 years and I was on and off different meds and I was very mentally stooped for a lack of a better word, had low moods, would get anxious too, just would fill a heaviness upon me night and day.

I then tried all kinds of things like alcohol, cigarettes, drugs the usual things to try and treat it, and I also turned to different types of therapies, aromatherapies, massage, I tried herbal medicines and even yoga and meditation.

None of those things worked. Then one day I was just standing in the bathroom and I just called out to God in my mind and said, I cant do this by myself, I need help.

And since that day my life changed completely, I have so much peace right now, nothing else even compares to it. Then I started reading the bible and I started to learn so many things about myself and life itself. I’m now a Christian and 100% cured of depression.

And so would you like to receive God into your life today. Do you want to be happy, do you want peace and joy beyond understanding, let Christ into your life and you will have peace. They say all minds think alike, I say all minds were created by somebody and I believe that person is God and he knows them better then anyone.

Jesus sets people free people of all worries stresses and strains of life!!

Then I started reading the bible
I don't really believe these stories anymore, but I'm wondering about yours. Often times people will say they read the Bible and had an experience after that. Your Bible reading comes after letting God in. What most people leave out is all their friends, family, and just general encounters with religion that they had before they had their moment. If you hadn't had those, who would have called out to? Did you ever have access to mental health professionals? You didn't mention any.
Jesus sets people free people of all worries stresses and strains of life!!
I wouldn't go that far. But the religious do have better mental health, so you're not really wrong.
But the religious do have better mental health, so you’re not really wrong.
Again. Evidence?

Once you separate ritual from the belief, you find it’s not religion, it’s the socializing.

thatoneguy said; But the religious do have better mental health, so you’re not really wrong.
By who's standard? Do Muslims have better mental health than Christians? The same? Is one religion more therapeutic than another? How about Buddhism? How about devil worship (these people stick together)?

It has less to do with the religion, as it has to do with “fellowship”, and fellowship is therapeutic to all mammals.

A friend (when you are) in need, is a friend indeed. That’s a comforting thought.

I don’t follow religion I follow jesus!! jesus never said 2 follow religion, religion is man made!! Christianity is about a relationship with God.

dovesong05 said: Jesus sets people free people of all worries stresses and strains of life!!
Really? Jesus died a happy man? What were his last words; "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?"

That does not sound like a person free of all worries, stresses and strains of life, does it?

All claims of spiritual salvation is BS as long as religious people kill each other. As atheist I am afraid of all religious zealots and that is from experience. So don’t lecture me about how to attain mental freedom and balance.

Ever heard of the Inquisition’s creed?

The 1578 edition of the Directorium Inquisitorum (a standard Inquisitorial manual) spelled out the purpose of inquisitorial penalties: ... quoniam punitio non refertur primo & per se in correctionem & bonum eius qui punitur, sed in bonum publicum ut alij terreantur, & a malis committendis avocentur (translation: "... for punishment does not take place primarily and per se for the correction and good of the person punished, but for the public good in order that others may become terrified and weaned away from the evils they would commit").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

Very comforting thought?

I don’t follow religion I follow jesus!!

jesus never said 2 follow religion, religion is man made!!

Christianity is about a relationship with God.

You wouldn’t know a thing about Jesus without religion - What makes you think you can separate Jesus from Religion?

Yes religion is manmade, as is the myth of Jesus. Were you there?

Christianity is what people do. They have always felt some pull from something beyond our day to day. They create religions to help them make some sense of the unknowable mysteries of life.

Religions are shadow plays.

As for your relationship with God, that’s the most personal relationship you will ever have, but it’s between you two and not applicable to others.

There are as many ways to God as there need to be.

Including irrelevance, because some of us have transcended the Need for God that so many cling to.

Again. Evidence? Once you separate ritual from the belief, you find it’s not religion, it’s the socializing.
True enough, but faith itself seems to have a benefit as well.

Sharing faith with others is probably the main thing that promotes good mental health.

I bet that the benefit has to do with the ready-made and stable social community that buying in to a certain group delusional belief systems, provides.

It wouldn’t necessarily need to involve faith in something supernatural to be in a stable and continuing social community. But those are probably the easiest such groups to find and join.

Isn’t it ironic that for many, having faith in, essentially, delusional ideas, helps with their mental health?

Guy: True enough, but faith itself seems to have a benefit as well.
Okay so you admit, it's not Jesus it's faith.

Guy: Sharing faith with others is probably the main thing that promotes good mental health.
That's funny seems to me it would be going to far saying Evangelizing is the root of all evil - but it sure does screw up people.

We’d be much better focusing on teaching people critical thinking skills and an appreciation for this Earth and the Evolution that created us and that we shall all meld back into.

5 Errors of the Prosperity Gospel
JUNE 5, 2015 | DAVID W. JONES

Five Theological Errors
Russell Woodbridge and I wrote a book titled Health, Wealth, and Happiness: Has the Prosperity Gospel Overshadowed the Gospel of Christ? (Kregel, 2010) to examine the claims of prosperity gospel advocates. While the book is too wide-ranging to summarize here, in this article I’d like to review five doctrines we cover in it—doctrines on which prosperity gospel advocates err. By discerning these errors regarding key doctrines, I hope you will plainly see the dangers of the prosperity gospel.

1. The Abrahamic covenant is a means to material entitlement.

2. Jesus’s atonement extends to the “sin” of material poverty.

3. Christians give in order to gain material compensation from God.

4. Faith is a self-generated spiritual force that leads to prosperity.

5. Prayer is a tool to force God to grant prosperity.

https: //www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/5-errors-of-the-prosperity-gospel/

@TimB “Isn’t it ironic that for many, having faith in, essentially, delusional ideas, helps with their mental health?”

Oh and who’s got more faith - the people who wrap themselves up in endless empty repetitive praise (ever listen to the music on christian radio, talk about gage me with a spoon) and worship. Or people who are engaged in their live and learning about living it and the creation they are traveling though during their short time of existence.

If christian is healthy why are they terrified and hateful towards death, well except of course when it come to those they want to see killed.

Oh there’s their astounding double standards too - what the f is healthy about that?

Save the fetus, but neglect and starve the child.

Interesting article from inside the beast:

Prosperity Gospel Taught to 4 in 10 Evangelical Churchgoers Survey finds most Protestants believe God wants them to prosper financially. But views diverge on whether they must tithe to receive it. BOB SMIETANA - FACTS & TRENDS JULY 31, 2018

… "A significant group of churches seem to teach that donations trigger a financial response from God,” said McConnell.

A controversial topic

The belief that God gives financial rewards in exchange for offerings is a central part of the so-called prosperity gospel, which offers a “direct path to the good life,” as Duke professor Kate Bowler puts it.

That belief is both controversial and fairly commonplace. …

An Insider's Look at the Prosperity Gospel A review of God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel, by Costi W. Hinn Kit Bogan December 30, 2019

Costi Hinn (nephew of well-known prosperity preacher Benny Hinn) first caught my attention when Christianity Todaypublished his testimony in September 2017. He turned up again in the 2018 documentary, American Gospel: Christ Alone, to shed light on how the gospel contrasts with his previous way of life in his uncle’s crusades.

This year, Costi published a book, God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel (Zondervan 2019), which clarifies the distortion of Christian teachings on health and wealth and calls the church to witness clearly to millions captivated by false teachings and promises.

https: //www _ efca _ org/blog/leading-churches/insiders-look-prosperity-gospel

Oneguy, the abstract says “participation in”, not belief. The problem is, studies don’t factor for participation, they just separate religion and make a bunch of assumptions.

Okay, back to the bigger reality here:

Jesus didn't not create the world, never claimed to. Did he?

Jesus was a human (okay a singular human, perhaps), but still a human concerned with human affairs -

But you know, though it may be news to the Faith Blinded - God’s Creation contains a heck of a lot more than, just human affairs!!!

“Isn’t it ironic that for many, having faith in, essentially, delusional ideas, helps with their mental health?”
You need to copyright that one Tim.
Isn’t it ironic that for many, having faith in, essentially, delusional ideas, helps with their mental health?
On the surface, yes. Evolutionarily speaking, not at all since we evolved to believe in the supernatural.
Oneguy, the abstract says “participation in”, not belief. The problem is, studies don’t factor for participation, they just separate religion and make a bunch of assumptions.

Nonsense. The study says participation in religious activities provided more benefit than other social activities which means spiritual belief is itself beneficial in a way that political belief, etc is not.

That’s funny seems to me it would be going to far saying Evangelizing is the root of all evil – but it sure does screw up people.
Says you.
We’d be much better focusing on teaching people critical thinking skills and an appreciation for this Earth and the Evolution that created us and that we shall all meld back into.
Many people can and do believe in religion and respect science. This is only difficult for nerds on the autism spectrum -- which is what most atheists are.

On the surface, yes. Evolutionarily speaking, not at all since we evolved to believe in the supernatural.

I agree.

I would add, we evolved to eat too much sugar.

I’m just saying that not everything that we evolved to do is ultimately what is best for us.

…We evolved such that a significant portion of us will obsequiously bow our will to a charismatic charlatan. But that is not what is best for us.