Seattle a SIM CITY perspective.

Did you know the Seattle Space Needle has had a 360° camera clicking away every ten minutes. Installed in January 2015
(holy sh how time flies, I was going to say that was about the time I had visited, but heck checking it, turns out to have been three years earlier.)
Oh but how I remember the event. For two reasons, first as a child I’d read all about it as it was being built and was amazed at the project from afar and dreamed of someday actually seeing it in person. Now getting to stand under it, touch it, look at it from every angle and then to go to the top for dinner, was very very special for me.
Then it turned magical. As some of you know I did a chef’s apprenticeship at a Michelin Star restaurant in German long, long ago.
So though I’m a Darma Bum, I know about gourmet food and what quality service is all about. Meaning when dining at fancy restaurants I have a critical eye for details and am constantly disappointed at all the pretense that gets substituted for actual quality.
Now I was predisposed to have a good meal on top of the Space Needle no matter what. What I hadn’t expected was being totally blown away by a waiter with thirty years of experience and who understood what ‘guest service’ was actually all about. He knew his menu and discussed it with enticing ease, he knew his wine list and suggesting a good wine, without gouging, he knew how to make small talk without getting over bearing, he paid attention to our pace and didn’t rush, but had the next course there when we were ready for it. Then the food, :stuck_out_tongue: for a place with a captive audience I was expecting solid okay food - instead we got beautiful dishes that tasted exquisite, every bite was to savor, rather than to just eat.
Admittedly, I only occasionally dine at such fancy schmacy restaurants, party because I know how few actually deliver, well okay limited cash has something to do with it also. So, my opinion is based on limited selection, still without a doubt it was the most wonderful restaurant meal I’ve had in America since attending the Bracebridge Christmas Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite Valley in 1973.
Oh and the view, did I mention the view :bug:

This is a three year time lapse photo of Seattle form the Space Needle. http://gregladen.com/blog/2018/01/07/simcity-is-real/

Oh and our waiter took our order by memory without the usual studious scribbling into a note pad.
Nice touch.

Oh and our waiter took our order by memory without the usual studious scribbling into a note pad. Nice touch.
We had an ice cream restaurant in NJ. The waiters and waitresses could take complicated orders of various ice cream flavors, toppings and accompaniments and never wrote anything down. They always got the orders right. I never figured out how they did it. There were hundreds of possible combinations. Lois
Oh and our waiter took our order by memory without the usual studious scribbling into a note pad. Nice touch.
We had an ice cream restaurant in NJ. The waiters and waitresses could take complicated orders of various ice cream flavors, toppings and accompaniments and never wrote anything down. They always got the orders right. I never figured out how they did it. There were hundreds of possible combinations. Lois It's an art and science for sure. Impresses the heck outta me. Had a server working under me once that could take a complex order from 4 even 6 tops and get it right. Me I was mediocre in that department and used the notepad like everyone else.