Russia's strong arm

There is nothing special to single out Russia in this regard. Right?
Doug is right that there is a fundamental difference between the U.S. and Russian governments. Trump was elected in a fair election by a minority of stupid Americans. Putin is the world's leading mafia gangster. Big difference. That said, I don't think surprise attacks by Russia are too likely. Putin is a criminal, but he's a sane one. We have enough nukes on invisible subs to erase Russia, and bomber wings are in the air 24/7/365. I worry more about mistakes, which can happen on either side. Please see video linked in my sig for the history of mistakes.
There is nothing special to single out Russia in this regard. Right?
Doug is right that there is a fundamental difference between the U.S. and Russian governments. Trump was elected in a fair election by a minority of stupid Americans. Putin is the world's leading mafia gangster. Big difference. That said, I don't think surprise attacks by Russia are too likely. Putin is a criminal, but he's a sane one. We have enough nukes on invisible subs to erase Russia, and bomber wings are in the air 24/7/365. I worry more about mistakes, which can happen on either side. Please see video linked in my sig for the history of mistakes. Tranny . You don't make sense. NATO is on Russia's borders. Not the other way round. USA needs war to keep its military industrial complex ticking over. So who is the mafia gangster in this scenario. Do you want war?
Tranny . You don't make sense. NATO is on Russia's borders. Not the other way round. USA needs war to keep its military industrial complex ticking over. So who is the mafia gangster in this scenario. Do you want war?
Welcome to my ignore list.
Tranny . You don't make sense. NATO is on Russia's borders. Not the other way round. USA needs war to keep its military industrial complex ticking over. So who is the mafia gangster in this scenario. Do you want war?
Welcome to my ignore list. As in I don't have a response

Putin is smart enough to know there’s a dupe in the White House. He is running rings around Trump.

Doug. You say of course USA is a threat to Russia. I would like to expand on this. Why do you think it is a threat?
It has similar capabilities to Russia that are left over from the Cold War, even if they are reduced. America does have a launch on warning ability to attack Russia, which is countered with exactly the same capability as the Russians. But as I've already pointed out Russia is now amping up the weaponry with the introduction of the largest most sophisticated ICBM ever. One that will be almost impossible to intercept even with the limited amount of missile defenses the US has, about 30 launchers adapted from conventional systems which are intended to defend the nation from limited launches by possible rogue nations. Russia on the other hand is fielding systems like the S-500 which is a true missiles shield system able to intercept large numbers of warhead at very long ranges. Up to 400 miles at acquisition and 660,000 feet altitude. Russia is talking about taking out entire states with one missile for a reason, they are making the threat clear. There's no doubt in my mind that Putin clearly has Trump under his control, their meeting just adds to how compromised Trump is taking Putin's word over charges of Russian fixing of the US election over all credible sources. I don't think that America is trying to destroy Russia, Russia show every sign of wanting to destroy America and we better wake the fuck up and soon.
Doug. You say of course USA is a threat to Russia. I would like to expand on this. Why do you think it is a threat?
It has similar capabilities to Russia that are left over from the Cold War, even if they are reduced. America does have a launch on warning ability to attack Russia, which is countered with exactly the same capability as the Russians. But as I've already pointed out Russia is now amping up the weaponry with the introduction of the largest most sophisticated ICBM ever. One that will be almost impossible to intercept even with the limited amount of missile defenses the US has, about 30 launchers adapted from conventional systems which are intended to defend the nation from limited launches by possible rogue nations. Russia on the other hand is fielding systems like the S-500 which is a true missiles shield system able to intercept large numbers of warhead at very long ranges. Up to 400 miles at acquisition and 660,000 feet altitude. Russia is talking about taking out entire states with one missile for a reason, they are making the threat clear. There's no doubt in my mind that Putin clearly has Trump under his control, their meeting just adds to how compromised Trump is taking Putin's word over charges of Russian fixing of the US election over all credible sources. I don't think that America is trying to destroy Russia, Russia show every sign of wanting to destroy America and we better wake the fuck up and soon. So USA has similar capabilities but spends more than all other nation put together on the military. Really? Can you show me one where Russia has threatned to take out entire states ???

Doug, I agree with you that Putin is a dangerous gangster. And it’s clear that some people don’t get that, so it’s helpful to point it out.
On the other hand, it seems helpful to keep in mind that Russia has been invaded many times from the West. The last invasion in WWII cost them 20 million dead and most of the western part of the country in bombed out ruins. To put that in context, Russia lost 40 times as many people in WWII as America did, and the American mainland was untouched.
Point being, the Russian people have had a very different experience than Americans. This helps explain for instance their reaction to growing Western influence in Ukraine.
I’m not suggesting this excuses any behavior, but it is something we should probably keep in mind.

Doug, I agree with you that Putin is a dangerous gangster. And it's clear that some people don't get that, so it's helpful to point it out. On the other hand, it seems helpful to keep in mind that Russia has been invaded many times from the West. The last invasion in WWII cost them 20 million dead and most of the western part of the country in bombed out ruins. To put that in context, Russia lost 40 times as many people in WWII as America did, and the American mainland was untouched. Point being, the Russian people have had a very different experience than Americans. This helps explain for instance their reaction to growing Western influence in Ukraine. I'm not suggesting this excuses any behavior, but it is something we should probably keep in mind.
A dangerous gangster not a Wall Street gangster?? Oh dear
Also keep in mind that Putin was trained from an early age in an organization who's main purpose was the destruction of a free USA, one that stole much of the technology now available to build RS-28 Satan 2 ICBMs and S-500 strategic defense SAMs that can reach into space and destroy any American counter-strike that could possibly be launched in response to a Russian attack. And to be clear, all indications are that the Russian attack has begun, that's what putting someone like Trump in the White House is. The only question is how far it will be taken. And thinking that Trump will out maneuver Putin is ridiculous. Putin is a trained agent from one of the most capable and ruthless organizations in history. Trump is a failed real estate mogul who after repeated bankruptcies went into reality TV. Putin has both the motive and means to want to take America out, it's his traditional enemy going back decades and stands in the way of him extending his control over the breadth of eastern Europe and Asia the way the Soviet Empire he was part of did. Trump could be asked by the Russians to do something that seemed perfectly simple and safe to him but is actually part a very sophisticated attack. We'd never know until it was too late. Once again, why the hell are Congressional republicans asleep on this, do they really hate the rest of America so much they're willing to see it burn rather than take a very real threat out of play. Every day that Trump is in office is a day of risk of a level we will never know until it is too late.
There is no credible Russian military threat to the USA and never will be so you need to relax. Presumably you can show evidence of such an irresponsible statement. We know you wouldn't make wild statements with nothing to back them up.
Yes we are a threat to Russia and they are a threat to us. New weapons or not, currently both of us are capable of ending life as it is know on our planet. As a threat, that speaks for itself.
Both the US and Russia have stockpiles of nuclear weapons. Why woukd anyone think either would never use them against the other? Why would anyone think Putin doesn't lie? Why would anyone think Trump has a clue about international relations?
It has similar capabilities to Russia that are left over from the Cold War, even if they are reduced. America does have a launch on warning ability to attack Russia, which is countered with exactly the same capability as the Russians. But as I've already pointed out Russia is now amping up the weaponry with the introduction of the largest most sophisticated ICBM ever. One that will be almost impossible to intercept even with the limited amount of missile defenses the US has, about 30 launchers adapted from conventional systems which are intended to defend the nation from limited launches by possible rogue nations. Russia on the other hand is fielding systems like the S-500 which is a true missiles shield system able to intercept large numbers of warhead at very long ranges. Up to 400 miles at acquisition and 660,000 feet altitude. Russia is talking about taking out entire states with one missile for a reason, they are making the threat clear. There's no doubt in my mind that Putin clearly has Trump under his control, their meeting just adds to how compromised Trump is taking Putin's word over charges of Russian fixing of the US election over all credible sources. I don't think that America is trying to destroy Russia, Russia show every sign of wanting to destroy America and we better wake the fuck up and soon. So USA has similar capabilities but spends more than all other nation put together on the military. Really? Can you show me one where Russia has threatned to take out entire states ??? Do they have to actually state it for it to be a threat? Russians don't know enough to keep their mouths shut about their capabilities and possible plans? Putin knows plenty about diplomacy and international relations and he knows when to keep,his mouth shut, unlike Trump who knows nothing and will say anything. Putin can run rings around Trump and everyone in his sorry administration. [Spam Nazi line.]
It has similar capabilities to Russia that are left over from the Cold War, even if they are reduced. America does have a launch on warning ability to attack Russia, which is countered with exactly the same capability as the Russians. But as I've already pointed out Russia is now amping up the weaponry with the introduction of the largest most sophisticated ICBM ever. One that will be almost impossible to intercept even with the limited amount of missile defenses the US has, about 30 launchers adapted from conventional systems which are intended to defend the nation from limited launches by possible rogue nations. Russia on the other hand is fielding systems like the S-500 which is a true missiles shield system able to intercept large numbers of warhead at very long ranges. Up to 400 miles at acquisition and 660,000 feet altitude. Russia is talking about taking out entire states with one missile for a reason, they are making the threat clear. There's no doubt in my mind that Putin clearly has Trump under his control, their meeting just adds to how compromised Trump is taking Putin's word over charges of Russian fixing of the US election over all credible sources. I don't think that America is trying to destroy Russia, Russia show every sign of wanting to destroy America and we better wake the fuck up and soon.
So USA has similar capabilities but spends more than all other nation put together on the military. Really? Can you show me one where Russia has threatned to take out entire states ??? After 9/11 much of the US spending was focused on the terrorist threat, that spending wasn't directed at Russia. It was directed at Al Qaeda and associated threats and now ISIS. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/25/russia-unveils-satan-2-missile-powerful-enough-to-wipe-out-uk-fr/
Russia has released the first image of its new nuclear missile, a weapon so powerful that it could wipe out nearly all of the United Kingdom or France. The RS-28 Sarmat thermonuclear-armed ballistic missile was commissioned in 2011 and is expected to come into service in 2018.
Sputnik, the Russian government-controlled news agency, reported in May that the missile could destroy an area "the size of Texas or France". Russian media report that the missile will weigh up to 10 tons with the capacity to carry up to 10 tons of nuclear cargo. With that type of payload, it could deliver a blast some 2,000 times more powerful than the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Given the fact that a number of sources indicate that Russia possibly played a role in the 9/11 attacks and so much more I seriously doubt they are our friends or that Putin means well towards us. http://www.businessinsider.com/exploring-al-qaedas-murky-connection-to-russian-intelligence-2014-6
The murkiest of these relations, however, has been the connection between al-Qa’ida and Russian intelligence. While the outlines of the story have been known for years, and even admitted by Moscow and the mujahidin, details remain elusive. Moreover, asking important questions about this relationship seems to be an issue few appear interested in probing deeply, even in the United States. That Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, bin Laden’s right-hand man and the leader of the global jihad movement since bin Laden’s death in May 2011, spent almost a half-year in the mid-1990s in the custody of Russian intelligence is admitted by both sides and is a matter of public record.[3] Just as significant, Zawahiri’s Russian sojourn occurred at a pivotal point in the development of al-Qa’ida; the shift in strategy, resulting in attacks on the “far enemy" (i.e. the United States), the road leading to 9/11, occurred after Zawahiri’s imprisonment by the Russians.
Zawahiri has been tight-lipped about his half-year in Russia; his numerous writings and pronouncements about his life barely mention the tale. “God blinded them to our identities," he explained. The FSB agrees that they failed to identify the leading holy warrior. “In 1997, Russian special services were not aware of al-Zawahiri," elaborated an FSB spokesman in 2003: “However, later, using various databases, we managed to identify this former detainee."[5] There are many reasons to doubt the official story told by both sides in the affair. In the first place, Zawahiri was one of the world’s most wanted terrorists in 1996, having played a leading role in the assassination of President Anwar Sadat in 1981; the doctor’s role in the subsequent public trial was televised in many countries. He was hardly a secret mujahid. Furthermore, it is difficult to believe that a security service as proficient and thorough as the FSB did not have its interest piqued by the appearance of three Arab mystery men, bearing multiple identities and cash, in the middle of a warzone.
Which means that Putin having any control over the US commander in chief is a clear and present danger to the US. One that republicans are not willing to deal with as long asd Trump attacks democrats for them. They are perfectly willing to risk losing the entire Us to Russian attack if it means a chance to do as much damage to the democrats as they can with a "republican" president in office. Only he's not really a republican, he's Putin tool. Any more inane points to make?

In this day and age when someone shows up to defend Russia and attack the US it’s not hard to figure out where they’re from.

And do I really need to point out that Russia doesn’t really have to say anything, just building the RS-28 is an explicit threat. Russian state news describing how just one of them would be able to take out all of France or one of the largest US states Texas, is hammering the point home.
How brain dead does someone have to be to not get this?
While at the same time building effective missile defenses and corrupting the US defense structure from the inside. Morons are running the US and we are now at risk because of it.

It has similar capabilities to Russia that are left over from the Cold War, even if they are reduced. America does have a launch on warning ability to attack Russia, which is countered with exactly the same capability as the Russians. But as I've already pointed out Russia is now amping up the weaponry with the introduction of the largest most sophisticated ICBM ever. One that will be almost impossible to intercept even with the limited amount of missile defenses the US has, about 30 launchers adapted from conventional systems which are intended to defend the nation from limited launches by possible rogue nations. Russia on the other hand is fielding systems like the S-500 which is a true missiles shield system able to intercept large numbers of warhead at very long ranges. Up to 400 miles at acquisition and 660,000 feet altitude. Russia is talking about taking out entire states with one missile for a reason, they are making the threat clear. There's no doubt in my mind that Putin clearly has Trump under his control, their meeting just adds to how compromised Trump is taking Putin's word over charges of Russian fixing of the US election over all credible sources. I don't think that America is trying to destroy Russia, Russia show every sign of wanting to destroy America and we better wake the fuck up and soon. So USA has similar capabilities but spends more than all other nation put together on the military. Really? Can you show me one where Russia has threatned to take out entire states ??? Do they have to actually state it for it to be a threat? Russians don't know enough to keep their mouths shut about their capabilities and possible plans? Putin knows plenty about diplomacy and international relations and he knows when to keep,his mouth shut, unlike Trump who knows nothing and will say anything. Putin can run rings around Trump and everyone in his sorry administration. [Spam Nazi line.] LoisL - Russia is threat because people like you say it is? That's it? What a laugh
LoisL - Russia is threat because people like you say it is? That's it? What a laugh
No, Russia is a threat because it is armed to the teeth and led by a faction of former KGB agents who don't hesitate to use violence in whatever messed up agenda they have. The laugh is the morons who either don't get this or who are employed to try and deny it.

As soon as Yeltsin appointed Putin to president, Putin began to use violence to secure his power base and expand it.
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012/11/22/finally-we-know-about-moscow-bombings/
If he’s willing to use the state police forces to blow up Russians to start a second war in Chechnya to take advantage of the fear and paranoia this caused then how likely is it he’s going to hesitate to use violence to take out anyone he likes if it gets him more power. There is already strong evidence that Russia played at least a support role in the Al Qaeda attacks on the US and west in training Ayman al-Zawahiri, I don’t believe that an organization as professional as the KGB successor the FSB didn’t have a clue they had one of the world’s most wanted terrorists in their hands FOR SIX MONTHS. Long enough to give him a really good course in deep terrorist attacks across the globe.
According to former FSB agents like Litvinenko the FSB trained al-Zawahiri which would fit because as soon as he returned to operations with Al Qaeda it began attacks that far exceeded anything that had ever occurred in the past. Those airliners and more that crashed into America may very well been made possible in part to the kind of expertise that the KGB gave to generations of terrorists that attacked western nations for decades.

It’s entirely possible the Cold War never stopped and this is just a different front. There are clearly people here who’s purpose is spreading disinformation, which is entirely consistent with a government led by a man that would order Litvinenko murdered with Polonium-210 or Anna Politkovskaya brutally murdered in her doorway.
To say that we are all at risk here is an understatement.
From now on I am just blocking anyone who’s on here posting what I regard to be material for Psychological warfare by Russia against the west.

So what kind of guy is Putin who is now in charge of one of the world’s deadliest militaries and is adding even more potential for destruction. Exactly why did Yeltsin pick Putin to replace him, was it his great qualifications and devotion to democracy, peace and law.
No, it was because Putin was an even bigger crook than Yeltsin, he ripped St. Petersburg off for $100 million and should have gone to prison. Instead Yeltsin appointed him as his replacement with the understanding that Putin wouldn’t prosecute the Yeltsin family for the millions they stole from Russia.

On a personal level what kind of guy is he?
Alexander Litvinenko was likely killed in part because he claimed that Putin was pedophile.

Alexander Litvinenko publicly accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of being a pedophile just four months before he was poisoned in 2006, an inquiry into the ex-KGB spy’s death has found. When the future Russian president was a student, he was filmed abusing children in an apartment where another top politician had a threesome with prostitutes, Litvinenko claimed in an article on the Chechenpress website in July 2006, four months before he was murdered, The Daily Mail reported. Litvinenko made the accusation after the president was pictured a month earlier kissing the stomach of a 5-year-old boy during a walkabout in a public square near the Kremlin. “Nobody can understand why the Russian president did such a strange thing as kissing the stomach of an unfamiliar small boy," Litvinenko wrote in the article.
This is the creep that is taking control of the US through is puppet Trump - Trump said it was an honor to meet Putin - and is rapidly adding to the killing machine he already has pointed at our heads. Anyone still want to claim it's all fine?
Yes we are a threat to Russia and they are a threat to us. New weapons or not, currently both of us are capable of ending life as it is know on our planet. As a threat, that speaks for itself.
You're right. Every armed country is a threat to some other country. If they weren't, why arm themselves? Every country that has nuclear weapons is a very big threat to many countries. So far, there is only one country in the world that has ever actually used nuclear weapons against another country. Meanwhile, the leaders of that country thinks they should be in charge of stopping nuclear proliferation around the world.