On religion

Piper Chapman on Religion
I believe in science. I believe in evolution. I believe in Nate Silver and Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Christopher Hitchens. . . . I cannot get behind some supreme being who weighs in on the Tony Awards while a million people get whacked with machetes. I don’t believe a billion Indians are going to hell. I don’t think we get cancer to learn life lessons, and I don’t believe that people die young because God needs another angel. I think it’s just bullshit, and on some level, I think we all know that, I mean, don’t you?.. Look I understand that religion makes it easier to deal with all of the random shitty things that happen to us. And I wish I could get on that ride, I’m sure I would be happier. But I can’t . Feelings aren’t enough. I need it to be real." - Piper Chapman (Orange is the New Black)

Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon is going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut arround like its victorius.
(Anonymous)

I remember it being important to me when some actress got up and thanked Werner Erhard for inspiration for her Emmy. Public figures making public statements like this are a step in the right direction. I hope to hear a few of them this time around.