Now here is the sort of law suit we need to see more of

A psychic is ordered to pay almost $7 million for negligence. Gotta wonder why the cops follow through on this stupid claim in the first place but maybe other fakes will think twice before opening their mouths

A psychic is ordered to pay almost $7 million for negligence. Gotta wonder why the cops follow through on this stupid claim in the first place but maybe other fakes will think twice before opening their mouths http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/06/14/exp-early-brown-psychic.cnn.html
And I wonder why the psychic didn't see it coming! Lois
According to the Oracle, no one can see past the consequences of their own choices. :P

Hilarious. :lol:

According to the Oracle, no one can see past the consequences of their own choices. :P You are implying that psychics can see other things, though. Lois
You are implying that psychics can see other things, though. Lois
In case you didn't know, I was paraphrasing from The Matrix. :-)

I agree. We need more of these lawsuits. I doubt they’ll collect, but it might put the psychic out of business. At least the publicity will help a few people understand psychics are charlatans.

This case won’t make a dint. I am an avid television viewer and think that the type of programming that is most successful hints at what a representative of the population pays attention to most. While shows like The Simpsons, The Family Guy, and South Park show a lot of the absurdities of our everyday rationalities that would attract thinkers, they appeal to non-thinkers alike because they don’t care or necessarily notice an attack against their rationalities in context. The drama or series programs show that people like mystery, adventure, various elements of supernatural concepts, crime related (real or fiction), and scientific (real, pseudo, or futuristic).
But what seems to keep coming back to attention regardless of evidence to the contrary is programming involving the presumption of the mystical, supernatural, and pseudo-scientific ideas just when you think the viewer has evolved past them as viable concepts. John Edwards and other psychics have recently made rounds throughout the daytime television programming. Even if the programming host of a show seems or admits a skeptical stance, it appears that their guests are given an upper-hand of credibility as they are met with dubious or no skepticism at all.
Now, I like James Randi, but come on, besides the fact that he doesn’t get invited to these shows, if a skeptical mindset is getting more popular, where are the new James Randis?
Of course, television programming is understood to be supported by commercial sponsors. So it isn’t to most of their interests to encourage a skeptical mindset. Who would buy into a sales pitch if they question with careful scrutiny? But this rationality is extended everywhere, including the Internet, because in order for anyone to profit from anything, they require their customers to either believe in them continuously for returning profits, or for the momentary trust for that one time investment.

Gotta wonder why the cops follow through on this stupid claim in the first place....
I'd go a bit further, got to place a lot of the responsibility on the 'cops', they were the immediate cause of the distress. Stephen