No sense – Original sin

Mriana said; We lost a lot then the library of Alexandria was burned down.
See real history in the story of Hypatia.

I wasn’t talking about Hypatia. I was talking about the library.

https://ehistory.osu.edu/articles/burning-library-alexandria

Mriana said; I wasn’t talking about Hypatia. I was talking about the library.
It was all a part of the war against science and knowledge isn't it? To be replaced by gnosticism?
Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɡˠno̞s.tiˈkos], "having knowledge") is a collection of ancient religious ideas and systems which originated in the first century AD among early Christian and Jewish sects.[1] These various groups, labeled "Gnostics" by their opponents, emphasised personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) over orthodox teachings, traditions, and ecclesiastical authority. They considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity, experienced as mystical or esoteric insight.

Generally, Gnostic cosmogony presents a distinction between this supreme, hidden God and a blind, evil demiurge responsible for creating the material universe, thereby trapping the divine spark within matter.[2] Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.

I think that’s exactly right, except I don’t think these copies were made for the specific purpose of preserving the writings. It took a lot of time to transcribe scrolls back then. I don’t think it was, “We need to make copies of these and hide them so they’re not lost”, I think it was more like, “They’re coming to burn the place down. Grab what you can and we’ll hide it.” I think there were already copies long before the decision to hide them. And to me, anyway, that’s a very important distinction. These weren’t sacred, one-of-a-kind scrolls that they were defending with their lives, they were books in a library, already copies which could be found in other libraries, which they wanted to save. It wasn’t until hundreds of years later that the Catholic church decided that these particular scrolls were important. But not all of them which were saved, just the ones they liked.

To me that really undermines the whole “inspired by God” thing. Because “the Bible” is not “a thing” that survived all this time. It’s a compilation of whatever scrolls the people in power in the church at the time thought would solidify their power. A lot of people (religious people) don’t realize that the Bible is not a sacred text, it’s a group of texts chosen by people whose names you don’t likely even know almost 2,000 years ago, long after Jesus died.

Gnosticism isn’t science though. At best it’s pseudo-science. However, Widdershins is right- many people do not know that the chosen books are not sacred. A group of men, consider to like priests or something like that, got together and decide which books the Vulgar rich could read and the Vulgar poor to hear or read in pictures. Everything else, not chosen, was considered forbidden.