No conflict Evolution and Genesis

Not only are the bacteria the “Intelligent Designers”. They work better when high. The CBD oils are claimed to work with the microbiome bacteria.

Mike Yohe said,

Not only are the bacteria the “Intelligent Designers”. They work better when high. The CBD oils are claimed to work with the microbiome bacteria.

True for the beneficial bacteria. We are developing language to induce or prevent “quorum sensing”. This language can be used to activate beneficial bacteria , but also for preventing “harmful” bacteria from beoming “virulent”, without killing them.

It also has an additional benefit of preventing immunity and developing more resistant and virulent bacteria.

TimB said,

Oh lordy. It just occurred to me. The bacteria! The bacteria are the “Intelligent Designers”.

They are the oldest living organisms and are bilingual. One intra-species language and one inter-species language for commincation with other bacteria.

We can indeed learn a great deal from bacteria. We need to. The human biome consists of 90 % bacterial cells.

Check out Bonnie Bassler on Youtube. She is a biochemist working with bacteria.

Soylent Green is people!

Bacteria!

90% of me is wee little bilingual bugs! WTF!?

Man. You don’t get stuff this creepy even in the “Paranormal and Supernatural” Forum. (maybe sometimes in the “Political” Forum.)

LOL

Truth can be stranger than fiction.

If I had a nickel for every person who ever tried to use the Bible to show that their interpretation was “the right one” you’d all be broke, working away in the nickel mines to get me the rest of the nickels I would be owed.

Hmmm, sorry W, I think you’re late to this party. The “bible” was dismissed from this thread after the first few comments.

Now we are onto the human imagination - and the problem of losing our perspective on reality, because of a bunch of self-delusion (that is disconnecting from the physical Earth that supplies all of our life support systems.).

:wink:

Widdershins: If I had a nickel for every person who ever tried to use the Bible to show that their interpretation was “the right one” you’d all be broke, working away in the nickel mines to get me the rest of the nickels I would be owed.
Almost everyone here is owed a fortune in nickels.
Lausten: I recently heard someone’s deconversion story on a podcast. They said, when you strip away all the complex chemistry we now know, the idea of evolution is pretty simple. This is basically what you find in Darwin’s work.
MikeYoho's posts on here show how confused people can get over a simple concept. That most people who don't get it are trying hard to make sure they don't get it is likely a big part of it, but some honestly don't understand the simplicity and elegance of it. The fact it's agued against gives the impression that it's some ivory-tower idea that mere mortals can't comprehend.

I’ve explained evolution to a religious person and the fact that they understood what I was saying made them doubt that they actually got it… yes, you heard that right… the fact it made sense to them was ‘proof’ that I was wrong about what I was saying and that the real explanation of evolution was actually much more complicated and difficult to understand. That’s what we’re up against.

Yeah π, and they vote.

Lausten: Evolution’s almost too simple to understand.
Change over time, guided by environmental conditions. :-)

Yeah π, and they vote. – CC

Lausten: Evolution’s almost too simple to understand. – This was actually π but I didn’t properly attribute it to him, see pg 1

Change over time, guided by environmental conditions. --CC

TimB said,

Bacteria!

90% of me is wee little bilingual bugs! WTF!?

Man. You don’t get stuff this creepy even in the “Paranormal and Supernatural” Forum. (maybe sometimes in the “Political” Forum.)

More amazing is the Hawaiian Bobtail squid which uses bacterial bioluminescence as a “stealth technique”. They carry an internal pouch of bioluminescent bacteria and can use this to imitate moonlight or starlight and thereby avoid casting a shadow which can alert predators of their presence. It’s just awesome, how this little creature learned to manipulate light to hide its presence at night when it hunts.

This pear-shaped squid is akin to a wizard with its own invisibility cloak due to a symbiotic relationship with bioluminescent bacteria that lives in a special light organ in its mantle. When the squid leaves the safety of the seafloor to hunt at night, the bacteria hides the squid's silhouette by matching the amount of light hitting the top of its mantle—making it virtually invisible in moonlit waters when viewed from below. In return, the small squid provides the bacteria with a sugar and amino acid solution to feed on.

Materials science experts in the U.S. Air Force have studied the symbiotic relationship between the squid and its bacteria to see if the reflective qualities could be used to improve their aircraft camouflage.

https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animal-guide/octopuses-and-kin/hawaiian-bobtail-squid

The light organ of embryonic and juvenile squids has a striking anatomical similarity to an eye and expresses several genes similar to those involved in eye development in mammalian embryos (e.g. eya, dac) which indicate that squid eyes and squid light organs may be formed using the same developmental "toolkit".

As the down-welling light increases or decreases, the squid is able to adjust luminescence accordingly, even over multiple cycles of light intensity

Evolution and Genesis are conceptually incompatible .

Evolution starts with “simple chemical reactions”, requiring only the presence of very simple chemicals. Genesis started with “irreducible complexity”, i.e. irreducibly complex living organisms such as humans. (Adam and Eve).

In nature, complexity requires evolutionary processes, however, evolutionary processes do not produce “irreducible complexity”.

OTOH, “irreducible complexity” does not require evolutionary processes, but only the instant artificial creation of complete complex systems.

It’s one or the other! Can’t have a little bit creation and the rest evolution or a complex creation and a little bit evolution.

The BB and consequent cooling produced all the chemicals necessary for the evolution of all that we see.

There is no evidence of any kind that the BB was a motivated artificial creative exercise. Let’s keep it simple…

Evolution is a science with exact claims. Genesis is a story interpreted by the individual reader. They are both completely compatible and completely incompatible, depending on your interpretation of the story. You can make the Bible say pretty much anything you want it to say. That’s why there are nearly 40,000 Christian sects.