It was in reference to the above.Well, you know HOW to use the quote function. We can see that.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think you were directly referring to me, and even if you were, I have frequently been a victim of my own hubris.
BTW, I used to know how to do the quote thing, when I was a regular on these forums, years ago. I have not yet re-learned how to do it. Wait, I just thought of something. Let's see if this does it.
Eureka!
Either way strawberry keeps posting stuff that’s irrelevant to the topic of nihilism.
EmotionalStrawberry: "Our brains are tools that cannot be trusted."True, up to a point.
Different people can experience the same situation and come away with different experiences, but the differences are relatively minor.
Witnesses of a bar fight are going to give a wide range of answers to any question you ask about it, but all of the answers are going to be of a bar fight - no one is going to say they saw the Rockettes dancing around the pool table or a swordfish flop around and smash tables.
So distrust your brain on the details, but don’t ignore it.
EmotionalStrawberry: "To be cocky and to think that only my ideas are the right ideas is just utterly stupid, stemming from ignorance and massive egos."There are ways of winnowing out the chaff of ideas to get the good ones. Logical thinking and science come to mind.
Confidence that you’re right isn’t cockiness or ignorance or arrogance if you have strong support for your belief and you are willing to change that belief if there is good reason to. Yes it is possible to be a real dick to people who disagree, but that’s a choice and has nothing to do with the validity of the belief.
We would prefer you refrain from scatological language
I mean I got some people saying LSD gives you a dose of reality by stripping away our constructs:
It seems like LSD mostly amplifies whatever is there in your psyche and it accentuates the direction your life and personality is heading. Personally I think only few people don’t get messed up using these substances, while most people think they belong to this group. With LSD, depending on the dosage, you get rid of the imprints, conditioning and you open up your reality tunnel to a broader view. Opening the doors of perception as people way before huxley called it. But it also takes away the psyches defense mechanisms against death anxiety. Yet, as most big thinkers like Freud, nietzsche, O’Neil or Becker said, too much reality is actually harmful to the mental health and a happy content life. Self knowledge is the hardest human task, because it reveals that man is just a trembling animal, born randomly into space and time - into arbitrary social and cultural structures; an animal that will someday decay and die, that nothing one does will last. It’s a meaningless experience in a random universe with lots of suffering to endure. The best one can do is tell himself lies about the world and his own life, and distract oneself as good as possible, as most people intuitively do in many different ways in order to deny their death and everything’s eventual demise. No matter what the philosophers, priests or psychologists say, life has its own agenda and it runs right over you while you’re prattling, pretending that ones life is somewhat different and meaningful. There’s a reason most people stop doing drugs, because the terror eventually far outweighs the awe.Though the argument itself is something I have heard before, and tried and failed many times to get across to people. Plus I don't put much stock in any insights from psychedelics, LSD or otherwise.
and tried and failed many times to get across to peopleYou have not failed. We all get the argument. And we have all heard it before. Believe it or not, I had a life before Xain. What's different about you is, you take the "life is a lie" conclusion and have it mean things that debilitate you. This quote above, my guess is, whoever wrote it, moved on, and hardly thinks about it anymore.
This unknown has two posts linking to Poe.com. the site says you can chat with AI, so I’m not sure what we got here.
Pure advertising
Should be banned
(post deleted by author)
This would be a “claimer” and I can’t verify it. I don’t care who you are, excessive links to the same site will get you banned. Not engaging with others will get you banned. Posts that only say “look at this link” will you banned
This is an official warning from a moderator
This AI page is pretty weird. It jumbles a lot, not sure what to make of it, but it led me this.
For 5 bills, you can print some DNA. Well, make a printer. I don’t know what the “ink” is