Neurotheology: God is real...inside your head

I guess I am a 6, then. Tho I would say that I am more that 99% confident that nothing supernatural exists.

Back to the topic: I agree God is real (but only as a concept) inside some people’s head. Concepts are real, tho not very physically substantial, until transcribed to a medium outside of one’s brain.

@Widdershins

A graphic I made for when I try to explain this.

I’ve had long debates with American atheists who absolutely believe the term “atheist” involves being liberal, or should.

It’s true that in the US, most atheists are Liberals, but that’s only the case because of how Conservatives have aligned with Conservatives. If I express surprise at atheists who support Trump, it’s not because I think atheists should be more moral, but because some GOP positions, like “Religious Liberty,” actively go against our interests.

To many, I suspect, it means “I’ve never really given it much though, but I don’t go to church.” I do not know for certain, but I’m pretty sure that type is where at least most of the “I used to be an atheist” stories come from
100%

That idiot Lee Stroebel is a perfect example.

@3point14rat

I agonized and worried for years after coming to the realization that being a 6 on the Dawkins Scale was the most rational position to take.
I never actually believed I'd ever become an atheist. However, I agonized and worried for years about whether I was actually "saved," or whether certain people in my life were, and I often wished I COULD stop believing. I couldn't imagine ever not believing and not being worried I was wrong. But the day my faith disappeared, it really totally disappeared.

I think that Faith, (believing without evidence) is a decision, in a way. Once one decides evidence is necessary in order to accept something as true (or at least highly probable), faith can no longer cut it.