Muslims who 'do not like freedom can pack your bags and leave'.

Excellent advice.
Appearing on live television just hours after the shootings, Mayor Aboutaleb said Muslims who ‘do not like freedom can pack your bags and leave’.
Read more: Rotterdam Mayor tells fellow Muslims who don't appreciate West to 'f*** off' | Daily Mail Online
Lois

Excellent advice. Appearing on live television just hours after the shootings, Mayor Aboutaleb said Muslims who 'do not like freedom can pack your bags and leave'. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2907941/Moroccan-born-mayor-Rotterdam-tells-fellow-Muslims-not-appreciate-freedoms-living-West-pack-bags-f-live-TV.html Lois
Like most religious zealots, I doubt they're smart enough to put two and two together.

Heh. I want to like the mayor and his comments, but it’s probably a totally empty statement.

What’s the probem with what he said? he was speaking to immigrant Muslims in the Netherlands. I would have said the same thing. They should leave if they don’t like Western attitudes toward freedom of expression. There are plenty of places in the world where it isn’t permitted, including their own countries of origin. They move to the West then complain that they don’t like Western ideals.
Lois

There’s nothing wrong with what he said. My point was his audience, the zealots, most likely don’t see the issue as one of freedom. They’re not smart enough to realize that, and therefore discount his statement. Not unlike Christian abortion clinic bombers/killers aren’t smart enough to see the hypocrisy in their own actions.

There's nothing wrong with what he said. My point was his audience, the zealots, most likely don't see the issue as one of freedom. They're not smart enough to realize that, and therefore discount his statement. Not unlike Christian abortion clinic bombers/killers aren't smart enough to see the hypocrisy in their own actions.
That's all true, but it needs to be said. You never know when a seed of rationalism will sprout in someone's mind. Lois

The West wants the Muslims there because the West largely supports multiculturalism. The mayor’s statement isn’t meant to have any effect, it just political posturing to a population that is too weak to say “no”.