More insights into the science contrarian mind.

Our top guy on climate change is John Holdren. And John is telling us that we are in the cooling cycle right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX3Xhw6ufnE&nohtml5=False Question number three.
Mike sees:
"gradually cooling the Earth, taking us toward another ice age"
I, and I dare say most objective folks, would read:
1:04 - While the climate of the Earth has changed over the millennia as a result of natural factors, principally changes in the tilt and orientation of Earth's axis of rotation, and in the shape of its orbit around the sun, those changes occur far too gradually to have noticeable effects over a period of mere decades. 1:23 - In their current phases, moreover, they would be gradually cooling the Earth, taking us toward another ice age, if they were not being more than offset by human-caused warming."
Sidebar, in the 1970’s Mr. Holdren said that human activity was probably going to put us into another Ice Age. Think what would have happen if we had reacted to conjecture of the data at that period of time.
Here is an example of politically motivated science contrarian at work. The claim, the self-certain condemnation of sorts, end of story. Why not a little curiosity Mike? "So just what happened back there in the 70s?" "Why was it that some scientists were talking about global cooling and ice ages?" "Who was claiming impending ice age?" "What was the state of global observations and understanding?" "Why was cooling even being talked about?" "What were Earth observations telling us?" "What were scientific studies saying?" "Why believe media headlines over substantial studies?" many more could come to mind, but that's a good start. But, science by slander and ridicule, isn't about curiousity, it's not interested in learning. It's about defending turf, seems to me, nothing else matters in that world. Our society has been dominated by a Republican/libertarian public relations campaign based on science by misrepresentation, slander, ridicule and intimidation. Look at MikeY's performance, it's all about meaningless rambling, despite pompous wording, not the slightest interest in educating himself, personal moments of learning driven enlightenment haven't been prompted by any of the information he's been offered. Adding to his understanding, nah, he's about defending a mentality - that has no future. Seems to me, it's all about justifying ignoring the physical reality and keeping the status quo alive as long as possible. (at least not in that part of him that's on display over here.) I'm sure if I we met in real life on the street, or job, we might well take a natural, if not shining, probably some mutual curiosity and respect. Here in the virtual world we all turn into characters, not that it's a bad thing, not saying that, it's just recognizing the medium. I wonder, How long will younger folks put up with that sort of totally self-interested, greed blinded bull-shit?

For those interested in the 70s global cooling story here are a couple good primers:

3 - Climate Change -- Anatomy of a myth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU_AtHkB4Ms In the 70s, They said there'd be an Ice Age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3S0fnOr0M He does have fun, but notice in the descriptions he provides first sources for further investigation.