literature on Humanist epistemology

I am looking for some recommended books articles and journals on epistemological justification of Humanism.
For example what is the core epistemic argument for Humanism and who are the key philosophers in this field?
Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for some recommended books articles and journals on epistemological justification of Humanism. For example what is the core epistemic argument for Humanism and who are the key philosophers in this field? Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
Start with this http://americanhumanist.org/Humanism/Humanist_Manifesto_III The original Humanist Manifesto of 1933 and Maifesto II are also available on the AHA website. I've asked some people at the American Humanist Association and other humanist circles for some recommendations. Other things on the AHA's website might be helpful Lois

Thank you Lois for your reply, it is indeed helpful.
I am doing my Master dissertation so I thought I should ask for some views and reading recommendations:
What I am particularly keen on finding is the Epistemic justification of Humanism. I know many humanist and naturalistic epistemologist will not bother to justify for example Karl Popper said:
“I do not believe in justification. This is just one of my main points: I don’t think that our task is to justify – our task is to propose conjectures, and then to be very critical of our own theories. The best of these theories we may publish and then they may be criticized by others. We learn from this mutual criticism, from our mistakes, from seeing new possibilities. But we don’t justify anything. It is a mistaken view to believe that either science or history exists for justification. We like to have all the evidence we can; but even the best evidence will not as a rule justify our more interesting theories. We can never build upon rock. This doesn’t mean that we should believe, or accept, every theory. We should be critical, very critical; and the value of our work will be roughly proportional to the amount of criticism we have put into it before we published it."
But there are some who would like to justify their knowledge, by logic reason and empirical facts. Anyway i am sure there is not that much article that directly talks about humanistic epistemology, Yet i need to gather all the scattered once that has been written by various philosophers.
Thank you again for the hints it is useful to read the manifestos as they are the core of humanists principles
Sid

I’m not learned in any of the classical philosophers.
But certainly you have to go back to the first recorded examples of scholars who recorded observation about what it meant to be human.
What the definition of human was.
And the various ideas put forth by the ancient scholars on how to better the human condition.
How to improve humanity. Start from there and see how the ideas of Knowledge evolved from there.
Along the way you can ascertain what humanists took from that knowledge and made their own.
But again to be thorough, you’ll have to find the original people who sat down and empirically ascertained what humanity was. Or is.

By the way, a modern example of a scientist/scholar who observed what it is to be human was Desmond Morris.
From my understanding he is now considered outdated. He’s still one of my favorites though.
Maybe you have heard of his books. “The Naked Ape” is a good one.
Like I said, even though some of his material is heavily critiqued or dated, it still is a good template.

I can’t help. In spite of still having a good memory, and in spite of having heard discussions since my wife took courses in both epistemology and extentialism, I can only remember what their definitions are for about six weeks then they fade away. (And as I recall, I’m always happy when they do. :lol: )
And from reading your selection by Karl Popper, I am sorry that I had no idea how important it would have been to take courses from him, since I was at UCLA when he was there.
Occam