How the governmemt helps the 1%

Redistribution of wealth, they call it.
And at the state and local level, our governments are exacerbating inequality. The ITEP study concludes that “every single state and local tax system is regressive and even the states that do better than others have much room for improvement." The five states with the most regressive systems are Washington, Florida, Texas, South Dakota and Illinois. Of the five, only Illinois has an income tax, and it uses a flat rate.

We know they need a lot of help! Poor things. Welfare for the rich.

Redistribution of wealth, they call it. And at the state and local level, our governments are exacerbating inequality. The ITEP study concludes that “every single state and local tax system is regressive and even the states that do better than others have much room for improvement." The five states with the most regressive systems are Washington, Florida, Texas, South Dakota and Illinois. Of the five, only Illinois has an income tax, and it uses a flat rate. http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ej-dionne-how-government-helps-the-1-percent/2015/01/14/17cf8448-9c29-11e4-a7ee-526210d665b4_story.html?hpid=z3 We know they need a lot of help! Poor things. Welfare for the rich.
I think that's part and parcel of the myth of the American Dream, and that the 1% have somehow earned their placement there because of it...you know, the old Work Hard, Get Rich myth.

Meanwhile, the median class, (I say median, instead of middle, as I’m not sure what qualifies as middle class, anymore) gets poorer. On the bright side, we’re still a lot better off than in the Oligarchy of Russia. Strange, that they love their President so much, despite their pathetic economic situation, while so many Americans despise our President, who is striving to make things better for us economically (within our particular brand of oligarchy).