God Science

I put this under religion, because it ain’t science. ] It’s a new video, part 1 or a promised 3 part thing, that uses clips from some actual scientists, talking about weird things in quantum physics, then uses those to claim that the hypothesis that we are a simulation of some kind is a valid one and is currently being discussed by serious scientists. It’s nothing more than a “you can’t prove it ain’t so” argument for an intelligent creator.
James Gates is shown being interviewed by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and his name is the first list of scientists who are thanked at the end. It appears to be his baby, although I haven’t googled the other names in the credits. It’s the usual quantum woo, but it is very well packaged and produced. There is even a crowd source fundraiser for it. I would give $20 to a project to debunk this point by point.

I put this under religion, because it ain't science. ] It's a new video, part 1 or a promised 3 part thing, that uses clips from some actual scientists, talking about weird things in quantum physics, then uses those to claim that the hypothesis that we are a simulation of some kind is a valid one and is currently being discussed by serious scientists. It's nothing more than a "you can't prove it ain't so" argument for an intelligent creator. James Gates is shown being interviewed by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and his name is the first list of scientists who are thanked at the end. It appears to be his baby, although I haven't googled the other names in the credits. It's the usual quantum woo, but it is very well packaged and produced. There is even a crowd source fundraiser for it. I would give $20 to a project to debunk this point by point.
Scientofic Neanderthals often try to use quantum theory to "prove" that evolutionary theory is wrong, and therefore the "designer" theory must be true. But it only proves their ignorance. Quantum theory implies randomness in nature. Randomness, if it truly exists, does not disprove evolution. It would simply be another factor in the evolutionary process. But this is usually far too complicated for creationists or anyone looking for proof of god. Lois

They did something in this video that is so common. When explaining the observer affect in the double slit experiment, they show particles going through the slits and acting like particles, then they show waves going through and acting like waves, then they add in a “scientist” who is simply looking at the experiment. They say this is us observing these wave/particles and our mere presence changes the behavior. Actually they take it a step further and say our consciousness is making the whole thing happen.
What they fail to mention is that the “observer” is some sort of device. Human eyes couldn’t watch photons go through slits. It doesn’t matter what the device is, it’s going to have an affect on the thing being measured.