ENOUGH WITH THE SMOOTH SERMONS

Too many of our leaders and churches are preaching smooth messages today. Messages about the love of Jesus Christ, without the conviction of sin. Yes, they tell of the ‘love of God’, but have abandoned the Bible truth concerning victory over sin. The message given today from the pulpits produce no conviction of sin and appeals to the majority of the world these days.

Isaiah 30:9-10

Many preachers are now saying we cannot get the victory over sin and we will continue to sin until Jesus returns. This is a lie from the devil friends!

Preachers today: "Jesus loves everyone and we should love the world like Jesus did. Love, love, love! The end!

Full Bible truth: “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolaters, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.” (Ephesians 5:1-5)

The problem is, there are TWO kinds of ‘love’. Love of self, that results in sin. And love of God, that results in obedience and righteousness. And the love that is preached in most churches today unfortunately, is love of self, not God. Hence why most people are still living lives of sin. Because sin is the result of loving self.

Many people are at ease today, thinking they need not gain the victory over the sin in their lives. They believe they need not make any effort in the cause of God’s kingdom. They sit down in calm expectation, thinking that God will protect them in the last days. And many are going to be shocked when the Lord returns!

“But God will not save us if we make no effort to do the work he has committed to our charge. We must be found faithfully at our posts, watching as valiant soldiers, lest Satan shall gain an advantage which it is our duty to prevent. We should diligently study the Word of God, and pray in faith that God will restrain the powers of darkness; for as yet the message has gone to comparatively few, and the world is to be lightened with its glory. The present truth regarding the Commandments of God and the faith of Jesus has not yet been sounded as it must be. There are many almost within the shadow of our own doors for whose salvation no personal effort has been made.” (Review and Herald, March 9, 1911)

All the churches of Babylon preach about the ‘love’ of God, without the conviction of sin, because Satan has deceived the leaders into accepting a false gospel. They reject the ‘everlasting gospel’ which is found all throughout the scriptures, which God’s remnant church is supposed to preach to the world according to Revelation 14:6

So why are the majority of God’s professed remnant churches also preaching the same ‘smooth’ messages as the churches of Babylon? Enough. This must stop!

Is the Bible not clear in the message it gives that we are to turn away from all sin? Is the spirit of prophecy also not clear that we are to ‘perfect’ our characters through the indwelling of Jesus Christ ready for the last days? Well, let’s confirm the truth.

1 Peter 2:21-22. 1 John 5:14. John 8:10-11.

Important note: Our ‘keeping the Commandments’ is NOT of ourselves. Our keeping the Commandments is a result of walking in the love of Christ and allowing Him, by His Spirit, to dwell in us and change us.

So many people love to hold onto the words that Jesus spoke to the woman caught in adultery … “neither do I condemn thee.” … which reveals the love and mercy of God. But they ignore the clear instruction Jesus also attached to that statement … “SIN NO MORE.” … You see, if the woman went away and continued living a life of sin, then grace of God would no longer cover her. She would be lost in her sins. But the grace of God would still cover her if she went away and turned away from sin and lived a life following Jesus. This is why Jesus told her … and the man … to sin no more. Now don’t get me wrong. We all have stumbled in sin AFTER coming to Christ. I am not saying you won’t stumble now and again while you grow in faith. And God will forgive you if you repent. But the problem I’m talking about is the belief that we cannot stop sinning. As this goes against the Word of God.

Romans 8:1-2

Do you see? There is no condemnation for those who do not continue in sin.

Part 1.

So @pip1961 Why are you here preaching to humanist? Especially if you are against smooth sermons?

@pip1961 God didn’t send you here. You brought yourself here. Probably did some sort of search or heard about it from a friend or family member.

I’m not a humanist because all that I wrote is from the Bible.

That makes no sense. You’re not a humanist because of what you wrote?

IF you are living Biblically then you probably shouldn’t be using modern technology.

Most people here are not searching for any biblical truth and finding the answers life probably isn’t in the Bible.

You are here to evangelized and see if you can convert people to your beliefs. I hate to tell you this, but you are wasting your time. You already have had two mods say something to you. Lausten asked you to not repeat things in different threads and myself asking you why you are here attempting to preach “smooth sermons” on a humanist forum. Such things do not turn out very well for the internet traveling preacher.

Usually, when people evangelize, conversion is not the point. They know they will get ridiculed. The point is to return to the fold and tell stories of being persecuted.

What is “victory over sin”? Why do I need to defeat “doing what I want” so that I can victoriously “do as I’m told”? You want to defeat freedom and free will?

When people like you think of “sin” you think of the dirtiest, most depraved things you can think of as examples. But that’s not all “sin” really is. It’s feeling good. It’s having sex with someone you find attractive, but would never marry, just because you want to. It’s eating too much once in a while because it makes you happy. Sin is countless things you could do to make yourself happy without harming anyone. In some religions jacking off is a sin, often because you think about naughty bits when you do it. Thinking about smacking someone around when they irritate you is a “sin of the heart”, even though you would never actually do it. In some religions listening to rock and roll, dancing, drinking, smoking, swearing, dressing provocatively because it makes you feel attractive, talking dirty to someone, kissing someone you’re not married to and a whole ton of other ultimately harmless things are “sin”, often because of what they “could lead to”.

The concept of “sin” is nothing more than an idiotic (because it’s stupid), yet genius (because it works very well) way to get people to accept that slavery is freedom and freedom is slavery. Sin is really doing whatever makes you happy. By getting you to instead say, “Worshiping God makes me happy” you have been made a slave to a set of senseless, arbitrary and ever-changing rules and you call it “freedom”.

You’re right. We don’t accept what you say. We don’t accept the Bible as evidence. Maybe you should try a different forum.

@pip1961 I bet very few atheists commit what you call sins, but that said, we do prefer building hospitals to help those who are sick. We like educating people. We like science which helps to keep people healthy, explore our environment, and explore space.

Interestingly enough, if Eve and Adam had exist, which they never did, their children would have had incestuous relationships in order procreate. That said, the story does say Cain slew Abel, were brothers. BTW, who did Cain and Abel marry, because the story didn’t mention any siblings? Was Eve a baby factory and the children weren’t listed, unlike Adam’s previous wife Lilith, who left him and her children became demons. Of course all these stories are nothing but mythology, which is common to many cultures.

Anyway, you’d be surprised how much atheists know about all these stories, probably more than you do, but we know they are nothing but myths. However, in other cultures the first humans vary and of course, Hanuman would be the original monkeyman you speak of and he’s cool.

@pip1961 Not all atheists are in Xian forums and no Xians do not answer all questions or if they do, they don’t actually give answers. BTW, atheists do not worship satan either and no, humans did not descend from chimps, bonobos, gorillas, etc. All apes (which includes humans) share a common ancestor. Charles Darwin didn’t actually believe in God. He may have attended the Episcopal Church (or they claim him), but he did that because his family wanted him to go with him, but he didn’t attend regularly. He couldn’t because he spent quite a bit of time in the Galapagos Islands. You really need to brush up on science and read Charles Darwin’s biography. That and maybe take some English grammar courses, with spelling, too.

Primordial soup. That’s all I’ll say for now.

Pip - what soecial about you that God sent you here? Why cant the coward write its own posts?

Of one mind? really? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

I already asked you a question that the Bible can’t answer. What is the genetic code of the Covid virus?

I’m sorry, but I don’t go to Xian forums. I stick with humanist forums. I see no reason to go to an Xian forum, but it seems to me, as Xians are desperate to evangelize, Xians all flock to atheists forums, literally spamming with Xian propaganda, hoping to convert someone. Sorry, it just doesn’t work that way. As far as I know, pip1961 is David or one of his cult members he’s acquired.

@pip1961 banned for spamming the forum with propaganda

|| Who was first, the woman or the baby?

The answer is the baby.

Changes from generation to generation are small but they are real. When you selective breed (evolution by human selection) dogs, to create a new breed. It is difficult to pin down the generation when the old breed disappears and the new breed appears. And that is over a short period of time.

Over huge amounts of time, generations of humans differed slightly in characteristics from previous generations. At some point in the distant past we had hair over more of our bodies, longer arms and shorter legs. We were smaller in stature and weighed much less.

At that stage you could still call us Homo Sapiens. Going back further in time, most likely there would be a point where a Homo Sapien baby would have been born to our direct ancesters the Homo Heidelbergensis. The difference between the two would have been small. For instance, the Homo Heidelbergensis mother would have a slightly different skull from her Homo Sapien baby. The changes in each generation are small but build up over time.

If the baby was first, who is the mother?? I’m back!!

[quote=“pip1961, post:1, topic:7653”]

The problem is, there are TWO kinds of ‘love’. Love of self, that results in sin. And love of God, that results in obedience and righteousness. And the love that is preached in most churches today unfortunately, is love of self, not God. Hence why most people are still living lives of sin. Because sin is the result of loving self.

Oh get off that sexual theme!

There is no sin in loving self. You cannot love another until you love yourself.

Sin is in loving greed and power. Loving God is loving power! How many sins have been committed in the belief and service of Gods power?

[quote=“pip1961, post:14, topic:7653, full:true”]

If the baby was first, who is the mother?? I’m back!!

If Adam was first who was his mother?

Neither was first.

The answer to your questions is,

Sexual repoduction originated as it was more efficient for organisms to reporduce by mixing their DNA with others. Asexual repoduction did not provide as much variety in offspring.

To cut a very long story short, over countless generations these organisms developed into fish like creatures, which eventurally moved onto land and over more countless generations some lineages developed into the animals we know today. One branch developed into apes, some of which came down from the trees and learnt to walk. Slowly they came to resemble the humans we are today.

In the same way that if you create a new breed of dog, by selective breeding over hundreds of geneations, you cannot point to the one generation where one breed stops and the other starts. It is such a gradual process.

The even more gradual process of the developement of homo sapians from other species means that it is not possible to pinpoint the first human baby or mother.

1 Like

[quote=“philip456, post:17, topic:7653”]

The even more gradual process of the development of homo sapiens from other species means that it is not possible to pinpoint the first human baby or mother.

Actually the cause can pinpointed , but not the exact moment.
I believe that we have evidence of the cause, but not the exact time when homo sapiens split off from our common ancestor of all great apes (hominids).

The cause was not gradual evolution, but a rare “beneficial” chromosomal mutation, that gave the beneficiary offspring (Adam) an advantage over other hominids, which continued a more gradual evolutionary path that we can observe in today’s great ape families.

It has been proven that of all the great apes only humans have 23 pr chromosomes, whereas all other apes have 24 pr chromosomes. This would suggest that the mutation which caused the chromosomal mutation is the start of the homo sapiens line.

Human Chromosome 2 is a fusion of two ancestral chromosomes
Alec MacAndrew

Introduction

All great apes apart from man have 24 pairs of chromosomes. There is therefore a hypothesis that the common ancestor of all great apes had 24 pairs of chromosomes and that the fusion of two of the ancestor’s chromosomes created chromosome 2 in humans. The evidence for this hypothesis is very strong.

Let us re-iterate what we find on human chromosome 2. Its centromere is at the same place as the chimpanzee chromosome 2p as determined by sequence similarity. Even more telling is the fact that on the 2q arm of the human chromosome 2 is the unmistakable remains of the original chromosome centromere of the common ancestor of human and chimp 2q chromosome, at the same position as the chimp 2q centromere (this structure in humans no longer acts as a centromere for chromosome 2.

Conclusion

The evidence that human chromosome 2 is a fusion of two of the common ancestor’s chromosomes is overwhelming.

http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm

Note that the mutated chromosome 2 is twice as long as all other chromosomes.

This is speculative, but i would not be surprised if that more complex chromosome is responsible for additional brain complexity which is basically what sets us apart from other apes except for long term cosmetic differences, most a result of long term evolutionary environmental adaptions.