Edward Snowden

Protecting state power.

Just as J. Edgar Hoover was the most powerful man in Washington by controlling files on congressmen. He was made a national hero. Lying to Congress is a crime. James Clapper lied to congress and is above being prosecuted because he controls data on every person in the country. The same with John Koskinen and the IRS. We now have secret laws - United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court - Wikipedia
And to enforce these secret laws we have secret courts.
My understanding is, that all this was put together and approved by the U.S. Supreme Courts. It is against the Fourth Amendment, therefore, do to that fact, it was only too be used for foreign intelligence. Then it moved from foreign intelligence to any terrorist. The public has been lied to about the extent of the intelligent gathering.
People like Snowden and John Kiriakou working for the PRISM system have become concerned enough to become whistle-blowers. Only to be prosecuted.
I am for Obama pardoning Edward Snowden. Is anyone else?

Protecting state power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcFmxrqBjb4 Just as J. Edgar Hoover was the most powerful man in Washington by controlling files on congressmen. He was made a national hero. Lying to Congress is a crime. James Clapper lied to congress and is above being prosecuted because he controls data on every person in the country. The same with John Koskinen and the IRS. We now have secret laws - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court#Secret_law And to enforce these secret laws we have secret courts. My understanding is, that all this was put together and approved by the U.S. Supreme Courts. It is against the Fourth Amendment, therefore, do to that fact, it was only too be used for foreign intelligence. Then it moved from foreign intelligence to any terrorist. The public has been lied to about the extent of the intelligent gathering. People like Snowden and John Kiriakou working for the PRISM system have become concerned enough to become whistle-blowers. Only to be prosecuted. I am for Obama pardoning Edward Snowden. Is anyone else?
Yes, I am. Doubt he'll do it, however.
I am for prosecution of those who steal and transfer classified secret information for the capital crime of treason. Once the sentence is carried out the pardon will become a moot point.
Gary Johnson and I.
I get it :lol: :lol: :lol: I had been holding off forming any opinion on Edward Snowden. (it helps that I'm only superficially familiar with the details) Still, the past few weeks have seriously undermined what 'moral' authority he seemed to be clinging to. Guess he's shot his load and is now desperately trying to cling to relevance by squeezing whatever he can out of the dregs. It's not a pretty picture.
I am for prosecution of those who steal and transfer classified secret information for the capital crime of treason.
We don't do that anymore. Otherwise John Anthony Walker Jr and pals would have been hung from a flag pole outside the Pentagon, it would have been richly deserved. If you forgot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Anthony_Walker
Protecting state power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcFmxrqBjb4 Just as J. Edgar Hoover was the most powerful man in Washington by controlling files on congressmen. He was made a national hero. Lying to Congress is a crime. James Clapper lied to congress and is above being prosecuted because he controls data on every person in the country. The same with John Koskinen and the IRS. We now have secret laws - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court#Secret_law And to enforce these secret laws we have secret courts. My understanding is, that all this was put together and approved by the U.S. Supreme Courts. It is against the Fourth Amendment, therefore, do to that fact, it was only too be used for foreign intelligence. Then it moved from foreign intelligence to any terrorist. The public has been lied to about the extent of the intelligent gathering. People like Snowden and John Kiriakou working for the PRISM system have become concerned enough to become whistle-blowers. Only to be prosecuted. I am for Obama pardoning Edward Snowden. Is anyone else?
Yes. i am. He was right. Citizens have an obligation to call out the government and governmemt figures. when it or they are breaking the law. Yet he was excoriated and exiled for fulfilling his obligation as an American. Lois
I am for prosecution of those who steal and transfer classified secret information for the capital crime of treason. Once the sentence is carried out the pardon will become a moot point.
But you're not against governmemt officials who break the law and lie about it? And Snowdon didn't "steal" anything. He had legal access to the records. His "crime" was publicizing wrongdoing--which he was obligated to do. Apparently you don't mind when the government breaks the law and lies about it and you are against anyone revealing it. It should all be kept a secret? No one should ever call out governmemt abuse when it's found? Is that your position? You would have made a good Nazi.
But you’re not against governmemt officials who break the law and lie about it?
That is a separate crime I am also opposed to.
Snowdon didn’t “sreal" anything. He had legal access ro the records
Copying information classified secret from its controlled storage to an uncontrolled storage for the purpose of later unofficial use is theft of that information.
"His “crime" was publicizing wrongdoing—which he was obligated to do"
After stealing classified secret information Snowden gave that information to the enemies of the USA, thus aiding them. His mechanism was to transfer this classified secret information such that it would be published in public sources our enemies read. We have prosecutors and judges with security clearances. If Snowden wished to allege wrongdoing based on secret information he was obligated to use methods established to do so that do not disclose that information to our enemies.
It should all be kept a secret?
As opposed to direct public disclosure? Yes.
No one should ever call out governmemt abuse when it’s found? Is that your position?
No
You would have made a good Nazi.
Ah, the Nazi card...a clear indication of an absence of sound argument.
Can I assume that your point voiced another way could be. Secret information and treason are more important to you than the Constitution of the United States. The idea that the judicial power of the United States shall be vested in only one Supreme Court. You get my point, how can you appeal or even know of actions taken by the secret courts? There are over 7,000 appeals to the Supreme Courts every year. Where does “We the people of the United States" fit into the secret courts? For me, we should go ahead and publish all the secret information if it means we can keep the Constitution. If being for the Constitution, I have to wear the title of trader and treason. Then I would be proud to wear the titles and save the Constitution. What Snowden did was not for personal gain or greed. It was for the soul of his country, the Constitution.
As I said, you would have made a good Nazi.
But you’re not against governmemt officials who break the law and lie about it?
That is a separate crime I am also opposed to.
Snowdon didn’t “sreal" anything. He had legal access ro the records
Copying information classified secret from its controlled storage to an uncontrolled storage for the purpose of later unofficial use is theft of that information.
"His “crime" was publicizing wrongdoing—which he was obligated to do"
After stealing classified secret information Snowden gave that information to the enemies of the USA, thus aiding them. His mechanism was to transfer this classified secret information such that it would be published in public sources our enemies read. We have prosecutors and judges with security clearances. If Snowden wished to allege wrongdoing based on secret information he was obligated to use methods established to do so that do not disclose that information to our enemies.
It should all be kept a secret?
As opposed to direct public disclosure? Yes.
No one should ever call out governmemt abuse when it’s found? Is that your position?
No
You would have made a good Nazi.
Ah, the Nazi card...a clear indication of an absence of sound argument.
Or it makes you uncomfortable. If you lived on Nazi Gemany would you have said,"copying information classified secret from its controlled storage to an uncontrolled storage for the purpose of later unofficial use is theft of that information"? It would have been impossibe for Snowdon to avoid "disclosing information to our enemies." Do you really think the officials in charge of invading the privacy of Americans would have said, "Oh, son of a gun, you caught us. But don't tell anyone. We'll stop doing it now if you promise not to tell anyone." How was the US damaged by this information getting out to "our enemies"? If a government agency breaks its own rules and spies on its own people, it deserves to be exposed, even if it might give information to "our enemies" in the process. If experience is anything to go by, "our enemies" knew exactly what was going on before Snowdon said a word. Lois

Viewing data………
To Pardon or Not to Pardon: The New Snowden Debate

For pardon. Three civil-rights organizations, the American Civil Liberties Union, Amnesty International, and Human Rights Watch, have organized a campaign to press President Obama to pardon him before he leaves office.
Against pardon. The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) has recommended unanimously against a pardon.
Why President Obama should pardon Edward Snowden

Pardon Edward Snowden

Debate: Should Obama Pardon NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden?

Opinion: Tech industry should lead Snowden pardon charge

I'm for Snowden being pardoned, but it's not going to happen.
I'm for Snowden being pardoned, but it's not going to happen. Because it would be too much like saying Snowdon was right and the ones who drove him into exile are wrong. They would also be admitting that the American government is underhanded, breaks rules and lies about it and it would be admitting that Americans have an obligation to call out governmemt wrongdoing when they see it. They can't allow that, can they? The American government never does anything wrong--it says so, right here.

Snowden is a guy with a massive backbone and to me, a hero. How many people would risk there life, to expose evil, instead of feasting on it? Not many.