Deconversion from religion

Religion in this post is define as one that believes in a supernatural being that they are beholden, pay homage, or pray to.
Deconversion means change in one’s thought and behavior that resulted in disbelief and abandoning a religion.
Religion has had psychological, physical, and social control over most people in America for over 200 years. People that tried to deconvert or speak out were harmed or killed. It has only been very recently that people have been able to speak-out or deconvert without certain fear of harm or death.
Religion is an insult to the intellect. It rejects science and stifles tangible, positive change in a world that operates in a reality.
People need to realize that deconversion is normal and there are large support groups to help and to discuss this rational decision.
Atheists, agnostics,humanists, and just non-believers need to feel comfortable speaking out in an appropriate way against religious ideologies.
We need to ask the younger generation to question belief without evidence and the harmful teachings of the bible or Quran. We should facilitate deconversion as often as possible.

I guess. Jefferson took a scissors to the New Testament and cut out all the miracles. He wasn’t exactly burned at the stake. He thought we’d all be Unitarians by now. Well, he got a lot of other stuff right.

I like that you operationalized the definitions for this thread of your primary topic words.

Jeffeson was in an elite class and only one exception but the mass majority were not as fortunate.

Secular, do you have ideas about the facilitation of deconversion?

According to Wikipedia, Deconversion is a Death Metal band from Mexico.
According to Wikipedia, Deconversion is a Death Metal band from Mexico.Maybe they have some suggestions in their songs. I can even see it, Hit them sheople with some of the hard stuff, then after the mash pit has 'em all worn out, start reasoning to them.
According to Wikipedia, Deconversion is a Death Metal band from Mexico.Maybe they have some suggestions in their songs. I can even see it, Hit them sheople with some of the hard stuff, then after the mash pit has 'em all worn out, start reasoning to them. TimB, are you referring to a process for a person that was converted to a belief system and now wants to "deconvert" and how the process is facilitated? I was asking Secular, in terms of his definition, i.e., "Deconversion means change in one’s thought and behavior that resulted in disbelief and abandoning a religion." Just tryin' to communicate here.