Considering fundamental failures of the "enlightened democratic" class over the past 40 years

They have succeeded and now they are going to strive to “adjust" our democratic system to make sure that the liberal/enlightened types never ever again have a chance of achieving serious electoral wins.
I wouldn't go that far. Unless some major change occurs the country will become less and less white, that means the Democratic Party will be at the future table. However, it probably will not be a party that humanists, for example - hope to see.
What do humanists hope to see?, I am a brown-skinned person born in the Indian subcontinent. However, I believe I am educated and honest enough to speak the truth about White people in the West compared to Brown people in the Indian subcontinent. While in history White Christians of the West have their share of atrocities for their religion, I think they have progressed more toward humanism than the the Brown Hindus and Muslims of the Indian subcontinent have. So, based upon that fact, it can be argued that humanists would hope to see more White people than Brown people in their party/country. But I think we should be forward-looking. That means humanists would embrace humanists irrespective of their skin colors. In terms of religious backgrounds of people, I think humanists should welcome all kinds of people who are willing to reject the injustice, hatred and barbarity that are present in most religions.
Yes, but not everyone who os not white speaks Spanish, by a long shot. In fact most probably do not. Many speak various African languages, Tagalog, Chinese. Korean. Japanese. Farsi, Gullah, and Indian languages, among others.
Most do. Spanish is quickly becoming our defacto second language. Hispanics are close to a majority in Texas. Texas is noman's land. It certainly doesn't reflect the whole country.