Climate Alarmist vs. Skeptic

that would be too little too late and nothing is free

Is the above clip part of a documentary on Republican controlled Florida?

“Is the above clip part of a documentary on Republican controlled Florida?”

Ah, I gather Florida is a bit like our ‘deep north’ ,Queensland: Hot/ tropical, arse deep in retirees, politically just right of Attila The Hun. Queensland is also our Bible belt and home to a disproportionately high number of con men and real estate frauds. The majority of people who fall for a range of computer and phone scams seem to live on the Gold Coast. Is that sound anything like Florida?

I seem to remember there were claims of electoral fraud in Florida when Dubya was elected. Wasn’t the governor of Florida Dubya’s brother/cousin.?

PS never worked out why JWB was proud of being a pubic wig. I heard him say it, several times “A’hm proud to be a merkin”

Yeah, then Gov Bush (brother of W) helped get the election called for W instead of for Gore.

Over here you find lots of people who claim they are proud to be a merkin. I don’t know why. I suppose it would be an honorable occupation if one were serving ppl who lose their pubic hair due to something like chemotherapy.

Ah, I gather Florida is a bit like our ‘deep north’ ,Queensland: Hot/ tropical, arse deep in retirees, politically just right of Attila The Hun. Queensland is also our Bible belt and home to a disproportionately high number of con men and real estate frauds. The majority of people who fall for a range of computer and phone scams seem to live on the Gold Coast. Is that sound anything like Florida?
Nah, except for the retirees.

Florida is a mix of Jews, Hispanics, Blacks, and White drug addicts. It’s not particularly religious or right wing. Real estate fraud is rather common, maybe because of the high number of chosen people.

The bible belt is further north, funnily enough.

I think Florida may have a rep for being a land of crazies, mostly because the nutso’s get more publicity there than elsewhere.

But they do have some hard - righters there. They don’t want climate change to even be discussed, although Florida will be one of the worst hit by rising sea levels.

I seem to remember a news piece about a small Island state which WILL be underwater soon. Can’t help but wonder about Bangladesh; most of the country is no more than 10 metres above sea level, and experiences regular flooding already. Have no idea about the Netherlands.

My perception is that as climate change continues, many large coastal cities will be flooded. London comes to mind. Situated on the river Thames, a tidal river. The English have already built flood gates across the Thames, which can be closed as needed. Can’t help but wonder how London will fare.

Of course, my own city of Adelaide is on the coast. Perhaps good news is that the city is built along a creek we like to call “The River Torrens”. The only reason it has water, especially in Summer, is because of a weir, built on the outskirts of the city.

My city has some pleasant hills to the east of the city. They are called "The Mount Lofty Ranges’ . Perhaps I’m being a bit unfair; the Mount Lofty rangers were indeed once high mountains, but they have been worn down over time. Geologically, they are far older than the Himalayas .

I suspect the worse that will happen to Australia in regards to flooding is that all coastal cities will need to move inland. However, the changes in temperature are another story entirely. Some of climate change drongos don’t seem to have grasped just how little median world temperatures need to rise for food production to be come exceedingly difficult. Vast numbers of people WILL starve.----

BUT-------probably good thing if the human race was reduced by 98%. I think that leaves about 140 million. Much more than needed for a sustainable breeding population. Just as long as I’m NOT one of the 2%; I think life might be a bit unpleasant for those folks.

“BUT——-probably good thing if the human race was reduced by 98%. I think that leaves about 140 million. Much more than needed for a sustainable breeding population. Just as long as I’m NOT one of the 2%; I think life might be a bit unpleasant for those folks.”

Told that to your kids??

Told that to your kids??

Kids?

I have never felt the need to have little duplicates running around. I’m sure you’d agree, that one of me is more than enough.

I didn’t marry until I was over 30. Took me that long to find a woman who really didn’t want kids either. Regrets about not having kids? “I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention” (with apologies to Frank Sinatra)

Of course the 98% deal is simply a fantasy. The planet and most other species would certainly be better off without humans to stuff everything up, but that is unlikely to happen any time soon…

Did I mention that one of my more sterling qualities is misanthropy? BUT, I am no bigot; I hate everyone equally. In truth, not everyone. There are a goodly number of people I quite like, fewer that I really care about, and fewer again who I love. I consider my feelings anything special, but perhaps by bluntness about those feelings is a tad unusual.

I actually quite like some of the people on this forum. I also quite liked the nice man who sold me my new car, yesterday.

Another hard truth: We are incapable of caring about everyone. A person would go mad trying. ‘Misanthrope’ is just another word for ‘realist’

Greta has arrived in NYC. All is well

Aren’t you the cute one.

Smugness, ignorance, spitefulness - tastes like shit in any language.

Another player asleep at the wheel.

Sailed across atlantic carbon neutral - check

Arrived in NYC safe and on time - check

Media exposure of the trip with the focus on my lack of sea sickness - check

So what’s what the plan from here???

So what’s what the plan from here????
We do have those jails for unwelcome foreigners.

“We do have those jails for unwelcome foreigners.”

Ha ha ha

So am I reading this right? You guys are making fun of that 16 yr old girl who solo sailed across the Atlantic to make a statement about something?

I sure as hell am.

Well, well, aren’t u a tuffguy?

What a guy. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I don’t have anything against her, but some jokes just write themselves and its fun to joke about dumb shit like this.