"Biology of Belief" - by Bruce Lipton - say what?

Any of you folks familiar with Bruce Lipton and his “Biology of Belief”?
I had someone very dear to me ‘turn me on to him’ thinking it would be fun for me to discover.
Since they know how much I love science and new ideas. So I YouTube’d the guy to see if I could find talks by him.
Sure did, and I’m getting about as depressed as I’ve been for a while.
I’m not even 8 minutes into the thing and
at 4:30 it sure seems to me he misrepresent the scientific consensus about “genes controlling our lives”
6:00 “the cell nucleus is like the cell’s brain”
Say what? I’ve never heard it described that way before. :ohh:
7:45 ‘cell can live for 2 months or more with all the DNA sucked out of it’s nucleus’ :wow:
That’s new to me, but I don’t keep on biology. Who knows, but I’d sure like to know more about it.
I figure someone(s) might be able to offer more intelligent opinions of what this guy’s peddling.

Biology of Belief - by Bruce Lipton (full documentary) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I

He is peddling his books and lectures just like any other self improvement guru like Tony Robins etc. He is just using his interpretation of biology to lend credibility to his views. Asserting that the nucleus of a cell is the equivalent of a brain is more than a bit of a stretch, however.

He is peddling his books and lectures just like any other self improvement guru like Tony Robins etc. He is just using his interpretation of biology to lend credibility to his views. Asserting that the nucleus of a cell is the equivalent of a brain is more than a bit of a stretch, however.
No doubt - his dialogue uses classic con set-ups. The entire way his builds up his argument - on the back of a straw man he erected regarding how biologist view gene function… cell controls… "brain" Still, I'm curious about his specifics. Like that thing about the cell living a couple months with the gene's sucked out of it's nucleus, what's up with that? I imagine that comes from somewhere and I'd be curious what the actual details were. as opposed to Lipton's version.
No doubt - his dialogue uses classic con set-ups. The entire way his builds up his argument - on the back of a straw man he erected regarding how biologist view gene function… cell controls… "brain" Still, I'm curious about his specifics. Like that thing about the cell living a couple months with the gene's sucked out of it's nucleus, what's up with that? I imagine that comes from somewhere and I'd be curious what the actual details were. as opposed to Lipton's version. Would you believe this?
Absurd Creature of the Week: The Incredible Critter That’s Tough Enough to Survive in Space . They don’t come much tougher than Mike the Durable, as he is remembered. Except in the microscopic world beneath our feet, where there lives what is perhaps the toughest creature on Earth: the tardigrade. Also known as the water bear (because it looks like an adorable little many-legged bear), this exceedingly tiny critter has an incredible resistance to just about everything. Go ahead and boil it, freeze it, irradiate it, and toss it into the vacuum of space — it won’t die. If it were big enough to eat a glass sandwich, it probably could survive that too. http://www.wired.com/2014/03/absurd-creature-week-water-bear/
Like that thing about the cell living a couple months with the gene's sucked out of it's nucleus, what's up with that? I imagine that comes from somewhere and I'd be curious what the actual details were. as opposed to Lipton's version.
...out of his ass, I'm sure! :-P
6:00 "the cell nucleus is like the cell's brain" Say what? I've never heard it described that way before. :ohh:
For good reasons. The nucleus' DNA contains recipes for making proteins, and delivers these on request of the other processes in the cell.
Any of you folks familiar with Bruce Lipton and his "Biology of Belief"? I had someone very dear to me 'turn me on to him' thinking it would be fun for me to discover. Since they know how much I love science and new ideas. So I YouTube'd the guy to see if I could find talks by him. Sure did, and I'm getting about as depressed as I've been for a while. I'm not even 8 minutes into the thing and at 4:30 it sure seems to me he misrepresent the scientific consensus about "genes controlling our lives" 6:00 "the cell nucleus is like the cell's brain" Say what? I've never heard it described that way before. :ohh: 7:45 'cell can live for 2 months or more with all the DNA sucked out of it's nucleus' :wow: That's new to me, but I don't keep on biology. Who knows, but I'd sure like to know more about it. I figure someone(s) might be able to offer more intelligent opinions of what this guy's peddling.
Biology of Belief - by Bruce Lipton (full documentary) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I
As soon as someone writes about biology and belief and tries to put it on the same level, you can be sure it's going to be downhill from there. The title itself is a dead giveaway. Lois
Would you believe this?
Absurd Creature of the Week: The Incredible Critter That’s Tough Enough to Survive in Space . They don’t come much tougher than Mike the Durable, as he is remembered. Except in the microscopic world beneath our feet, where there lives what is perhaps the toughest creature on Earth: the tardigrade. Also known as the water bear (because it looks like an adorable little many-legged bear), this exceedingly tiny critter has an incredible resistance to just about everything. Go ahead and boil it, freeze it, irradiate it, and toss it into the vacuum of space — it won’t die. If it were big enough to eat a glass sandwich, it probably could survive that too. http://www.wired.com/2014/03/absurd-creature-week-water-bear/
Coolest animal going for sure - And a personal heartbreak. I found... then lost a Pennsylvanian Ero fossil, less than ten centimeters*, that looked like one of these fella splayed out - the trippy part that cause my eye was those three cuticles at the end of each arm. Unfortunately, it was long before I saw my first image of a tardigrade, or perhaps I'd have been more careful about where I left that silly little rock. In any event, I got a feeling with it's significant innards sucked out, it would have a though time surviving at nice temps. Hmmm, I wonder what their 'brain' looks like. {* yea I know their a tenth of that these days}