Best Map Yet Of Universe's Oldest Light

Link
Pretty neat. The universe is apparently expanding slower than previously thought, is 13.8 billion years old (100 million years older than we thought), and has less dark energy and more matter (normal and dark) than once thought. There was also a whole bunch of other stuff that was either figured or tossed out and likely more to come. As I said, pretty neat.

Yep, saw the news this morning. Very cool. No doubt it will take quite awhile to work out all the implications of the new data.

very cool. Thanks for the link DM

Link Pretty neat. The universe is apparently expanding slower than previously thought, is 13.8 billion years old (100 million years older than we thought), and has less dark energy and more matter (normal and dark) than once thought. There was also a whole bunch of other stuff that was either figured or tossed out and likely more to come. As I said, pretty neat.
Once again, science was wrong, which means the bible is right! :-P
Hmmm... I think there is a bigger difference between 6000 years and 13.8 billion years on one side, than between 13.7 billion years and 13.8 billion years on the other side. Wouldn't that convince a fundi...? :blank: ... OK, stupid question.

I love it when scientists get better information. Thanks for the link, DM.

I should have posted a link to the Bad Astronomer’s blog post yesterday], because he’s great.

Hmmm... I think there is a bigger difference between 6000 years and 13.8 billion years on one side, than between 13.7 billion years and 13.8 billion years on the other side. Wouldn't that convince a fundi...? :blank: ... OK, stupid question. Lol!! Probably not, since the 6000 is fixed to the hour! YOU don't know the hour the universe was created, so why should they believe anything else you claim...such as evil-ution! :-P

I know yoru’re having fun with reductio absurdum Asanta, but how would you like to bet that there’ll be some readers here who think, “Oh my, she’s a fundamentalist”? :lol: :lol:
Occam

I should have posted a link to the Bad Astronomer’s blog post yesterday, because he’s great.
No doubt about it; this is one of the best sites for debunking pseudoscience on the net. I just finished his book "Bad Astronomy" and recommended it to the students. I especially liked the part where he destroys the Apollo 11conspiracy theory and the arguments for intelligent design. Cap't Jack