Atheist and Feminist Divide

So you're a small 'f' feminist? I think you fit my definition of one.
I think that women must be in control of their own reproductive rights, since it's their body that is the vehicle for reproduction. I think that women should have equal pay for equal work. If they can cut it in the military, they should have the same "opportunities" there. That sort of thing. I don't go on marches to support women's rights, though I might, more passively, cheer them on. And I vote for political candidates that have similar stances, and do not vote for those who don't. As far as believing that women are equal to men (your definition for small "f" feminism)? Actually, by direct observation, I have noticed that women are a bit different than men. But I am certain that they are human. And thus are, at least as deserving of human rights as men. In many ways, women ar superior to men. In fact, in all ways other than muscle strength. But even in that, some women are superior to some men. LoisSettle down Lois, you're being really hard on humanist men. Don't they have it rough enough already?
In many ways, women ar superior to men. In fact, in all ways other than muscle strength. But even in that, some women are superior to some men. Lois
I think that what is telling here is that if we were to substitute the women/men for any other demographic in Lois' statements above, we would be breaking Forum rules Big Time. Actually even if the women/men dichotomy above were reversed we would very shortly begin to run into Forum Rules violations.
In many ways, women ar superior to men. In fact, in all ways other than muscle strength. But even in that, some women are superior to some men. Lois
I think that what is telling here is that if we were to substitute the women/men for any other demographic in Lois' statements above, we would be breaking Forum rules Big Time. Actually even if the women/men dichotomy above were reversed we would very shortly begin to run into Forum Rules violations.Yes. That's a strange thing to say. I'm not sure if what was typed is what was meant. "In all ways" is a strong statement and needs to be used carefully and with supporting material. Can supporting material be provided? Also the point is irrelevant - physical/mental/emotional differences between the sexes is not the point here, the point is whether the sexes have equal rights. Who is "better" is irrelevant.
So you're a small 'f' feminist? I think you fit my definition of one.
I think that women must be in control of their own reproductive rights, since it's their body that is the vehicle for reproduction. I think that women should have equal pay for equal work. If they can cut it in the military, they should have the same "opportunities" there. That sort of thing. I don't go on marches to support women's rights, though I might, more passively, cheer them on. And I vote for political candidates that have similar stances, and do not vote for those who don't. As far as believing that women are equal to men (your definition for small "f" feminism)? Actually, by direct observation, I have noticed that women are a bit different than men. But I am certain that they are human. And thus are, at least as deserving of human rights as men. In many ways, women ar superior to men. In fact, in all ways other than muscle strength. But even in that, some women are superior to some men. LoisSettle down Lois, you're being really hard on humanist men. Don't they have it rough enough already? Ha ha! You said "hard on". Also, you are assuming that humanists are threatened by strong feisty women. That actually might be misogynists who find them threatening.
I think that what is telling here is that if we were to substitute the women/men for any other demographic in Lois' statements above, we would be breaking Forum rules Big Time. Actually even if the women/men dichotomy above were reversed we would very shortly begin to run into Forum Rules violations. Well, we could get away with it if it were political demographics, e.g.,: "In many ways, Democrats ar superior to Republicans. In fact, in all ways other than muscle strength. But even in that, some Democrats are superior to some Republicans." (Probably not a true statement, but acceptable to be posted as someone's unfounded opinion.)