Who says understanding Earth's Evolution is irrelevant?

This could go under a few heading so I’ll park it here.
It’s a response to the often repeated notion that there’s no need to understand evolution.

http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/02/global-heat-moisture-distribution-engine_14.html {1} Our Global Heat and Moisture Distribution Engine Over at my mud wrestling blog What'sUpWithThatWatts et al I started a collection of YouTube videos and lectures describing various aspects and phases of our Earth's life story, evolution if you will, that I intend to mirror over here(CC.blogspot). It's a reaction to my growing understanding of how many people out there have no genuine awareness of Earth's complexity and depth. Tragically, people who never ponder the reality that all we have today is the direct product of four and a half billion years of evolution, unfolding one magnificent day after another, lack the foundation to understand what we are doing to our planet and life support system these days. It explains why we have so many profoundly ignorant and self-deluded politicians and 'masters of the universe' these days. When I toss out a concept such our "Global Heat and Moisture Distribution Engine" it's blank faces all around. Why? I'm fearing listeners have no fundamental conception for the intricate interconnections between our evolving Earth, oceans and land masses. Without that awareness, of course they'll never get it. After all, our atmosphere is the direct product of a fantastic evolutionary process that married geology and biology and took billions of years to unfold. Without understanding how it got here, there's no way one can comprehend what we, collectively as a society, are doing to it and our children's future.
This particular post then features that fantastic NOVA/NASA/PBS collaboration Earth From Space Full HD Nova http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/earth-from-space.html with notes and a couple comments. ___________________________________________________________ Any thoughts?