Where did the situation in Afghanistan fail?

It just occurred to me when I re-read this. Isn’t a media being free to say something in response to government policy, the definition of “diverse”? In a free country, I don’t expect to agree with everything on every channel.

“Would you like me to ban you now?”

I see

No, you do not see, djtexas, or you would have stopped the behaviours that got you a temporary ban.

I normally don’t mix my discussion with my moderation. In this case, it was not a discussion. I made 3 posts explaining the semantics of my response. Those have led us far astray from the topic, from dialog, from any attempt by you to reach an understanding of just the words. At some point, I have to believe you are either deliberately “just posting to post” or you just can’t engage in a civilized conversation. Your’s or my political beliefs are not relevant at this point, because you are not allowing this discussion to get beyond the semantics and your insistence that about what you think I think.

How old were you during the build up to Cheney/Bush’s Shock’n Awe wars of convince?

About the only place to find opposition news/info to the general media pep rally for war, were on Democracy Now, which unfortunately most consider marginal, although in hindsight their reporting was a heck of lot more accurate than that of the general media drum beat.

“About the only place to find opposition news/info to the general media pep rally for war, were on Democracy Now,”

Yes good example. There certainly was a lack of diveristy in news media reporting back then as there is now on this subject matter and many others I might add

I can’t figure out if DJ is unaware of the rest of the internet, trolling, or has some other definition of the words “lack of diversity”.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart/?fbclid=IwAR3a-IDeDNfrgdtvqcWghPIu4V7ctIvsUi_9FjOSgIrlHBRrWQs3MQpKKSs

Here is a breakdown of pro vs anti war news sources at the time of Iraq war600px-Iraq_War_Media_Sources_Opinion_Percentage.svg

That’s what you have been trying to say??!!??

I would need the Oracle of Delphi to interpret you.

Why didn’t you just say that 2 days ago?

That’s a lots of clicking to find two news sources with differing view points !

I understand that’s what you mean. Now. That doesn’t change how difficult it was to get you to just state your case, not beat around it, while insulting others, challenging them, accusing them. None of that behavior is excused.

Speaking of clicking, it took a few clicks for me to find the source of that chart, from 2003. Then I checked them. They are biased. MediaBiasFactCheck.org says, “These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.” I don’t feel the need to spend any more time looking at how well that study was conducted. I don’t have any trouble finding anti-war sentiments on the radio, or down the block.

Here is another study highlighting the lack of diversity in news media

I hate to disappoint you, because I completely agree with you here. Altruism has nothing to do with how you view yourself, and even less on how others view you. (Actually less on both because nothing of perception changes the reality of altruism.)

It seems FAIR is confusing a neutral position with support. Journalism is not supposed to take a position. You could analyze their reporting on Putin and find similar neutrality. Here’s a quote

“The total lack of editorial board dissent is consistent with major papers’ tradition of uniform acceptance of US military action.”

Have they counted how much they report anti-war protesting?

To report anti-war demonstrations does not mean that you support them.

Viewed from France, when we refused to support Bush Iraqi war, we were subject to an quasi unanimous campaign of French bashing upheld by public opinion.

It happened that French opinion according to which there were no true stock of chemical weapons, and to which the war will cause a geopolitical disaster was correct.

What failed in Iraqi, in Vietnam, in Afghanistan is the idea that you can impose democracy by strength, coming from outside.

War is the continuation of politics by other means, when your politics are foolish or non existant, you cannot win.

OP question:
Where did the situation in Afghanistan fail?

[quote=“djtexas, post:99, topic:8240”]

when it comes to war (which is what this thread is about) you acknowledge it doesn’t apply.

600px-Iraq_War_Media_Sources_Opinion_Percentage.svg

[quote=“djtexas, post:112, topic:8240”]
Here is another study highlighting the lack of diversity in news media

And what pray tell, does war with Iraq and Syria have to do with Afghanistan?

At 116 posts, pretty much any thread is out of control. I’m just going to say ‘I never said that’ and let everyone figure out what I’m talking about

1 Like

I just took the liberty of making a declaration which is true, followed by a false assumption that I have gained the right to declare that you are part of that great deception. Is that how you want a discussion about issue?

What’s the deal Mick,
are we supposed to start discussing imaginary declarations?

Why don’t you start by setting an example of

Or are you just a fancy dancer?

You’ll have to speak up mick. We didn’t hear. And I don’t want to talk about the kids at all.