What country is number one in renewable energy investments?

Did you say China? Then you’re right!

I did guess China, but if we don’t look at it as just size of investment, I wonder if it would still be them if we measured dollars investment per citizen. Then, I’d guess it might be some country like Finland.
Occam

I did guess China, but if we don't look at it as just size of investment, I wonder if it would still be them if we measured dollars investment per citizen. Then, I'd guess it might be some country like Finland. Occam
I don't know about all-renewables' investments, but for solar power investment, per capita, the leader, by far is (sunny?) Germany.

What’s crazy is that Germany does really profit from their solar technology, even though they have appreciably less sunlight than many other countries, yet those countries are dragging their feet about switching. I’d guess it’s the present hydrocarbon based energy companies in those countries who are blocking any advances.
Occam

I may be wrong saying that they have the highest investment per capita. They have the highest solar power CAPACITY per capita, by far.
The USA barely makes the top 20. This despite the fact that the US solar energy industry, already, CURRENTLY, (dumbass politicians take note) employs more people than the coal industry.

At least we make the top ten, barely, in wind power capacity, per capita. The winner in this category is Denmark.

We should have an annual Renewable Energy Academy Awards Show. Countries could win an RE Academy Award in categories such as Best Overall Total Amount Investor, Best Overall Per Capita Investor, Best Overall Current Capacity (this would be the most esteemed one, sort of like Best Movie of the Year), Best Overall Solar Power Investor, etc., etc.

BTW, some of the assertions I have made in this thread, come from looking over this site: http://cleantechnica.com/
I think it is a website worth checking out.

Did you say China? Then you're right! http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22229733.400-china-battles-to-be-first-ecological-civilisation.html#.U5wjtsJOUW4
Whoa, not so fast. "Last week, news circulated that China is considering limiting its greenhouse gas emissions so that they peak in 2030, followed by an orchestrated fall." Considering? "It was one man's view, expressed at a Beijing conference, not an official announcement. But He Jiankun is chairman of China's Advisory Committee on Climate Change, and his words are in line with actions China is now taking to address global warming." Expressed? Not an official announcement? The way I read it, this does not mean China is NOW Number One in renewable energy investments. It means they are thinking about it and if they were to do what the Advisory Committee says it would like China to do, it MIGHT become Number One--if, if, if, and probably not for years. Lois

Well, here’s a site that indicates that China was #1 in total clean energy investment back in 2009, with the U.S. being 2nd in that category then. Top 10 countries investing in clean energy - All Photos - UPI.com

I think you are both right, but you are talking about different facets of the problem.
China is doing spending a great deal of money on developing technologies such as solar panels, etc.
But they are also generating a great deal of greenhouse gasses from their present use of hydrocarbons and coal.
Occam

Actually, I’m glad to see China is doing this, whether they are No. 1 or not.
As for solar panels, good to hear they are developing technologies. I hope they aren’t basing their figures on solar panel exports, though I suppose that’s a good thing, too. Good for China. They’re doing better than the US. Now if they can just clean up their back yard.
Lois

Actually, I'm glad to see China is doing this, whether they are No. 1 or not. As for solar panels, good to hear they are developing technologies. I hope they aren't basing their figures on solar panel exports, though I suppose that's a good thing, too. Good for China. They're doing better than the US. Now if they can just clean up their back yard. Lois
Actually, they are being forced to clean up some, if they want their citizens to continue to be able to breathe.