Trump's T logo - Incidentally, what's your favor gestalt logo?

Recently some Trump fans had fun with creating a new logo for the Republican Prez “front runner” that impressed me as being an excellent,
if uncomfortable, and revealing(just as it should be), example of “logo gestalt” … or would that be gestalt logo?… the gestalt of logos :coolsmile:

“TRUMP - Bringing Hatred Back To America”

What do I know of graphics or “gestalt”,
not much,
I’d be hard pressed to definite it in my own words.
BUT, in the early nineties I did spend a couple years as part-time student at CCD (& one at RRCC) in their fledgling iMac graphics (Adobe programs)
courses along with some creative writing courses. I also took a course in typography and went to a number of lectures about design principles
where I learned about and latched onto the notion of “gestalt” in visual graphics.
The reason I’m writing this is not Trump’s new logo, but because I’ve been wanting to write a post about McLane Trucking company’s logo
every time one of their eighteen-wheelers rolls past me down the highway.

You see I’m in love with their logo, specifically the triangle of arrows.
I can even sorta remember first time I saw it. Driving home and having a McLane eighteen-wheeler
passing me while out of the side of my eye that logo slowly scrolled past my window before settling in, in front me* for the next miles.
*and my newly educated eyes - bam, it was perfection, I think I even heard the heavenly chorus.
(but then, US 285 is a long lonely road in a huge majestic high mtn rural valley about as close to heaven as I’d care to get,
the mind does have time for wondering :coolsmirk: ).
For a trucking company who’s job it is to load/unload supplies to/from factories, warehouses and stores. Using the primal triangle and
arrows made it beautiful, the whole thing is dripping with “gestalt”, add the echo triangle to create their initial M and depict mountains in the mix.
What get’s me is that I still don’t tire of it, it’s like one of the only examples of perfection I can think of.
{Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I have copies of it hanging out in my shed, I’m content to enjoy it when a truck happens by. ; }
>>> Here’s my challenge - for nearly two decades I’ve been looking for another logo that can compete and there’s nothing.
Ironically, the Trump-square-T is up there in the same league, but triangles are so much cooler than squares, so at best it’s a distasteful also-ran.
cheers.

Gestalt Laws in Advertising http://sites.psu.edu/psych256sp15/2015/01/30/gestalt-laws-in-advertising/ Gestalt psychologists are concerned with how the human mind perceives objects and through their research the Gestalt Laws of Organization were formed. The 6 Gestalt laws of organization are proximity, similarity, good continuation, connectedness, common fate and pregnant. These principles are used in advertising and marketing with the intent of influencing the potential buyer by way of their perception. ... Gestalt laws in advertising and is also very pleasing to the eye.
--------------------------- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWucNQawpWY) -------------------------- Use of the Gestalt Process in Advertising by Jane Meggitt, Demand Media http://smallbusiness.chron.com/use-gestalt-process-advertising-37738.html

Here’s one for people in ambivalent relationships.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/e2d2/f/2009/360/4/6/i_hate_you_by_sir_sirix.jpg Here's one for people in ambivalent relationships.
Damn, thats a good one--if you really want to mess with somebody.
http://orig06.deviantart.net/e2d2/f/2009/360/4/6/i_hate_you_by_sir_sirix.jpg Here's one for people in ambivalent relationships.
Damn, thats a good one--if you really want to mess with somebody. Yeah, I guess so. But it is not as powerful a "gestalt" as CC says, as the Trump T logo, which evokes a subtle or not so subtle, unconsciously or consciously, felt image of the Nazi swastika.

OK don’t know why this has come to my mind, since it has nothing to do with visual gestalt,
I do think there’s something of a verbal “gestalt” about the thing.
This is a catch line for a local company that specializes in core drilling concrete.
“You should see what we saw”
Which I always thought was cute and catchy as heck.
And considered they worked on a few jobs I was on back in the day I did get to watch what they sawed and it was impressive.

OK don't know why this has come to my mind, since it has nothing to do with visual gestalt, I do think there's something of a verbal "gestalt" about the thing. This is a catch line for a local company that specializes in core drilling concrete. "You should see what we saw" Which I always thought was cute and catchy as heck. And considered they worked on a few jobs I was on back in the day I did get to watch what they sawed and it was impressive.
That's like the plumbing truck that says-"Our business is going down the drain."

And then, of course, there’s an entirely different version of gestalt

And then, of course, there's an entirely different version of gestalt
Eeek! You just ruined my gestalt appreciation of french fries.