The Way of the Heathen

I just put my review of Greta Christina’s latest book up.] I’m not a big fan of her, but this book was entertaining and poignant. I highly recommend it. I could have put this post under Humanism or Philosophy, but I usually use this category. Also, it could be a good one to share with someone who just wants to know about atheism.

After seeing the title “The Way of the Heathen” I thought it would be all about me, but wrong. Please don’t be concerned. I have been wrong before and I will bounce back.

Sounds like a great book. I just downloaded it to iBooks and put it next on my reading list.

I recently heard the following expression which may shed some light on the subject of living with the responsibility for one’s actions.
“No one can forgive themselves” .
This is the reason for the practice of confession and receiving absolution from someone higher. Atheists have no such convenient comfort.

I recently heard the following expression which may shed some light on the subject of living with the responsibility for one's actions. "No one can forgive themselves" . This is the reason for the practice of *confession* and receiving *absolution* from someone *higher*. Atheists have no such convenient comfort.
Atheists have no such convenient fantasy. Lois