The tragedy of climate change science? The broken science-society contract? Seriously?!?

connecting dots

Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without theism or other supernatural beliefs, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good.

These issues were developed by staff and ratified by the AHA Board in 2012 and continue to evolve as AHA Key Issues.

• American Humanist Association’s Key Issues. …

• Secular Government. …

• Scientific Integrity. …

• Human Rights for All. …

• Promoting Peace. …

• Reproductive Freedom. …

• Women’s Rights. …

• LGBT Rights. …

• Why not promoting Honesty in Public Policy Dialogue. . . . . . .

Why do we so easily allow simple demonstrable facts to become irrelevant?
How can someone claim that isn’t a humanist appropriate topic of discussion?

It’s a question that strikes to heart of being a human creature navigating a complicated life.

1 Like

A french author has an hypothesis : Humankind as a whole suffer from psychotisa. It has no limits and does not know how to restrain herself.

Oh sure, go blame “her” for it.

:smirk_cat:

Really? That’s what you’ve been getting at? It doesn’t make sense as a challenge, and worse the way you were vague about it. What is your deal?

Yeah, really. And yes, it is senseless to challenge vague senselessness.

I easily can make climate science denial a humanist issue, because it is one; if one is a humanist then climate science is a given. Only capitalists and fundamentalists can deny it. Only the latter with any deluded integrity. That simple axiomatic truth, that given, is lost in the screeds.

Humanism is a minority pursuit.

And from my sabbatical, going forward I’ll be much more discerning in my choice of interlocutors. Starting with you. That’s a compliment.

Okay so we have no argument?

So, if that’s a hint of what’s to come. Vague insinuations, vague claims, intellectual tap dancing, I fear you two months has been wasted. Just saying :kissing_heart:

So is Constructive Communication.

1 Like

In that regard, yes.

I don’t understand. What’s vague about what I said again?

Climate science is a humanist given denied knowingly by capitalists entirely for profit and fundamentalists because they use motivational reasoning in their broken epistemology.

Agreed. Although I fail to see the relevance.

Of constructive communication?

Martin P, “My apologies for that ambiguity. I’m certainly that guy, but that’s not my hope.”

Also Martin, “I don’t understand. What’s vague about what I said again?”