The Second Death

Death, as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature but in results. The first death is a temporary sleep because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death. The stern punishment awaiting the enemies of righteousness, whose temporary resurrection results only in a return to death and its punishment, their full and final defeat. The wicked will be resurrected mortal in order to receive their punishment which will result in their ultimate annihilation.

What is the evidence for the resurrection? Indeed, what is the evidence for any of this nonsense?

Are you just littering the forum with sermons, or are you here for actual discussion?

This is a good example of the evils of religion. Here’s a poor individual who’s been caused to be mentally ill because of the false beliefs that were brainwashed into him/her as a small child.
Occam

Ok NN, here’s the real story as was told to me by RE, when you die your Ka goes before Thoth who then weighs your heart on a scale opposite Ma’at, the feather of truth. If you are found virtuous, your heart balances with the feather and you can look forward to eternal life in the field of reeds doing just what you did in life, e.g. Accounting, lifeguard, electrician, well, you get the picture. But if you’ve been baaaaaad, Thoth throws your heart to the all devouring beast conviently located next to Thoth,(my favorite god BTW, as he is also the god of scribes which makes him a hellova lot smarter than, say hippo god) and your Ka ceases to exist. don’t believe me? Get your free copy of the sacred Book Of The Dead, Imhotep publishers. We’re the ones who furnish copies, fully illustrated of course, to each room of the Motel 6…6…6.
Cap’t Jack

Death, as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection.
Resuurection is a belief. It is NOT a demonstrated fact. This renders the rest of your post irrelevant.

In case no one else noticed, the OP has a long tradition of starting a topic and then not contributing anything afterwards. He/she does not appear to be interested in or capable of actually having an intelligent discussion. Your efforts are wasted.

In case no one else noticed, the OP has a long tradition of starting a topic and then not contributing anything afterwards. He/she does not appear to be interested in or capable of actually having an intelligent discussion. Your efforts are wasted.
This is what I think has to be brought to the fore. To be clear, newnature: this is a forum for discussion and inquiry. Trolling, or posting things simply to get a rise out of people, with no intent of discussion or inquiry, is against the rules. Continued behavior along these lines may lead to banning.
That's just what I was asking in post #2.
Then the poster is a troll.
This is what I think has to be brought to the fore. ....and he continues to troll the forum...

damn, i got that confused with “the little death” - which i believe is a french term for “orgasm”. boy was i disappointed. :confused:

Yay…banned.

Yay....banned.
Why! :grrr: Skuld only said "orgasm" - ban the other guy ;-P

Have no fear, CC, Skuld is still here. Asanta was referring to newnature. :lol:
Occam

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Death, as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection.
Resuurection is a belief. It is NOT a demonstrated fact. This renders the rest of your post irrelevant.
If I may....could I change "belief" to "faith"??? After all, a belief must have facts to support it....however "misty" they may be. On the other hand, "faith" requires no facts whatever to support it. None. So...we'd have "resurrection" is a matter of faith. it is NOT a demonstrated fact nor are there any facts to support the concept. This renders the rest of your post irrelevant." Now I'll buy that!
After all, a belief must have facts to support it….however “misty" they may be.
I wish that much was true. It's not.
After all, a belief must have facts to support it….however “misty" they may be.
I wish that much was true. It's not.
And why, pray tell, is it not true? I wish to learn. Also, define "belief" (both as noun and verb) and "faith" (as noun) Thanks
And why, pray tell, is it not true? I wish to learn.
Do you? With a snarky approach like this, I wonder. No matter. I can believe that you're just a computer program which is being used to piss people off with bogus challenges. There's no evidence whatever that you are but I could hold to that belief. I could believe that you're an undercover "Man In Black" working for "Them." There is no evidence to support it but I could believe it. People hold to all kinds of beliefs which have no evidence to support them and even some to refute it. (A rabbit's foot being a workable good luck charm although it didn't do the rabbit a lot of good) or that a black cat crossing my path is bad luck, or tossing salt over my shoulder is good luck. There is zero evidence to support any of those beliefs but people hold to them. >>Also, define “belief" (both as noun and verb) and “faith" (as noun)<< Since I'm not addressing definitions, do your own legwork here. (Try a dictionary! Sometimes they're even accurate.)