The 'End Of Loyalty' And The Decline Of America

For a little perspective into how we got to today’s desperate situation, listen to this Fresh Air interview with Rick Wartzman.
He discusses many of the choices* that directly (and to me rather obviously) led to our current disintegration of government, society and civility.

• Choices that I watched go down whilst others could care less. Choices that drove my increasing alienation and withdrawal from current society.
    Now I stand here looking around at the wreckage of a once fantastic land that offered unbridled opportunity for the youth with the energy and gumption to go for it.
    Greed, Avarice, obsessive SELF interest - lose of perspective, disconnecting from the planet and biosphere we depend on for everything,
    discarding ENLIGHTENED SELF INTEREST. The chipping away at our sensibility, the relentless brainwashing and Hollywoodization of reality.
    This gentleman does a nice job of providing an overview of the past few decades and what they have wrought.
July 5, 2017 Author Rick Wartzman says that jobs offering security, decent wages and good benefits are becoming harder to find, in part because of automation, globalization and the weakening of unions.
The End of Loyalty The Rise and Fall of Good Jobs in America by Rick Wartzman Hardcover, 418 pages
Interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air http://www.npr.org/2017/07/05/535626109/the-end-of-loyalty-and-the-decline-of-good-jobs-in-america
What a shame some people really do want a shooting civil war in this country while the rest of the people are too befuddled to be aware of any of it. Just keep feeding their bellies and heads with empty calories and all will be well. Not likely chump
For a little perspective into how we got to today's desperate situation, listen to this Fresh Air interview with Rick Wartzman. He discusses many of the choices* that directly (and to me rather obviously) led to our current disintegration of government, society and civility. * Choices that I watched go down whilst others could care less. Choices that drove my increasing alienation and withdrawal from current society. Now I stand here looking around at the wreckage of a once fantastic land that offered unbridled opportunity for the youth with the energy and gumption to go for it. Greed, Avarice, obsessive SELF interest - lose of perspective, disconnecting from the planet and biosphere we depend on for everything, discarding ENLIGHTENED SELF INTEREST. The chipping away at our sensibility, the relentless brainwashing and Hollywoodization of reality. This gentleman does a nice job of providing an overview of the past few decades and what they have wrought.
July 5, 2017 Author Rick Wartzman says that jobs offering security, decent wages and good benefits are becoming harder to find, in part because of automation, globalization and the weakening of unions.
The End of Loyalty The Rise and Fall of Good Jobs in America by Rick Wartzman Hardcover, 418 pages
Interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air http://www.npr.org/2017/07/05/535626109/the-end-of-loyalty-and-the-decline-of-good-jobs-in-america
What a shame some people really do want a shooting civil war in this country while the rest of the people are too befuddled to be aware of any of it. Just keep feeding their bellies and heads with empty calories and all will be well. Not likely chump
Stop complaining. This is capitalism. You want it you got it. If you want change you have to change the system.
Stop complaining. This is capitalism. You want it you got it. If you want change you have to change the system.
Yeah, but ya need some help - unfortunately most children of the enlightenment checked out long ago. Am I complaining or merely observing with a hopeless air of resignation? Besides this thread and that interview is about reviewing how we got here - stop ignoring it.