The digital identity wallet

Have you read ou heard anything about the digital identity wallet ?

What do you think ?

[Press corner | European Commission]

[Digital ID Wallet – Your credentials at hand ( Mobile ID Services)]

[Bientôt le « portefeuille d’identité numérique », un cauchemar totalitaire]

[ID2020 – Digital Identity – The Blockchain Knows Everything -Total Surveillance IS Coming – ©BERNDPULCH.ORG – ABOVE TOP SECRET ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS – PUBLISHED AT RISK OF DEATH – THE VOICE OF FREEDOM – NO FAIRY TALES – NO GATES OR SOROS FUNDING – NO PROJECT SYNDICATE – NO RELOTIUS – NO HITLER DIARIES – PURE BLOOD]

I haven’t read any of the articles, but I recognize “Above Top Secret” in the last link, it’s definitely a conspiracy site. Maybe a wannabe Info Wars.

What are they claiming? A “requirement” to do business?

OK - did read - and poked around a bit more.

Sure it would make things easier.
I would have my doubts about the ultimate security.
I’d be more worried about the unintentional issues. Loss of access - to your phone, to the net, some “computer glitch”

the 2nd link is one company already offering the service. I did find another one.
They want to get out ahead of the curve, but how will they manage changing requirements and “tools” as they say, which won’t be established until at least Sep 2022.

And yes, the 3rd link has the Doom and Gloom scenarios. Valid to some point. But DIWs are not a requirement
… yet

I just got my first smartphone a few weeks ago … and not by choice.
So you see how excited I would be about it.

I recently read another article about a “Master Face”, but can’t find it

Here’s one a little older: Gizmodo

In addition to helping police arrest the wrong person or monitor how often you visit the Gap, facial recognition is increasingly used by companies as a routine security procedure: it’s a way to unlock your phone or log into social media, for example. This practice comes with an exchange of privacy for the promise of comfort and security but, according to a recent study, that promise is basically bullshit.

Indeed, computer scientists at Tel Aviv University in Israel say they have discovered a way to bypass a large percentage of facial recognition systems by basically faking your face. The team calls this method the “master face” (like a “master key,” harhar), which uses artificial intelligence technologies to create a facial template—one that can consistently juke and unlock identity verification systems.

There are even older articles about AI bypassing fingerprint scanners