The Bible on Refugees and Immigration

Some verses below from https://relevantmagazine.com/god/what-bible-says-about-how-treat-refugees-update-new-headline-ie/

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. (Leviticus 19:9-10)

(God) defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

“So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 3:5)

“As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name— for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when they come and pray toward this temple, then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name. (1 Kings 8:41-44)

Then there’s the book of Ruth.

Much of the Bible talks of birthrights and lineage, but Ruth has none of those. Just as Jews and Christians today seem to forget they came from slaves out of Egypt, they also forget that the line of the savior began with a woman on welfare.
(The large font is due to wanting it to look normal in a facebook browser)

Lol, you guys do know that the Bible says whatever you want it to say, right:

Deuteronomy 23:2 - No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 7:1-3 - When the Lord your God brings you into the land that you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and mightier than you, and when the Lord your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them, then you must devote them to complete destruction. You shall make no covenant with them and show no mercy to them. You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Ezra 10:10 - And Ezra the priest stood up and said to them, “You have broken faith and married foreign women, and so increased the guilt of Israel.

Or if you want to go the other way with it:

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11 - Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.

John 10:16 - And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Have you heard the good news? You get to pick and choose which ones God really meant! Some were commandments meant for us, like all the ones I like, while others were commandments meant only for the Jews, at the time, and we can eat all the bacon we want right now. Or maybe they were just parables. The Bible is a “choose your own adventure”!

Well, I suppose you’re right. I should not try to use the Bible to point out the hypocrisy of Evangelicals supporting an evil immigration policy. If Jehovah commanded his people to utterly wipe out the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, then screwing up the development of some Central American children must be no big deal. Even the Nazis only tried to wipe out Jews, People with Mental Retardation, and Gays.

I don’t use the Bible to try to prove anything about the Biblical narrative. Unless you include proving there is no over arching Biblical narrative. That’s easy.