Supreme Court Refuses To Limit Abortion Drug's Use

Well, well, so the old guys aren’t totally out of it.

Supreme Court Refuses To Limit Abortion Drug's Use http://www.npr.org (/2014/12/15/371033117/) supreme-court-refuses-to-limit-abortion-drugs-use (piece it together for the url) The U.S. Supreme Court has blocked enforcement of an Arizona law aimed at limiting use of the increasingly popular abortion pill. In 2012 nearly half of the abortions in the state were via the pill, known as RU-486. The pill was approved by the FDA in 2000 for the first seven weeks of pregnancy. Since then, scientists have developed safer and smaller doses that allow the drug to be used through the ninth week. - - - But the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, based in California, temporarily blocked enforcement of the state statute, pending further litigation. The lower court said the Arizona law imposed "an undue burden" on a woman's right to have an abortion. That is the standard the Supreme Court adopted in its last major abortion case in 1992, and in recent years abortion opponents have sought to roll back that standard. But on Monday, the Supreme Court refused to intervene, meaning that at least for now, the Arizona law will not be enforced, and the "undue burden" test stands.
Now if we could only get the Right to Lifers to recognize the appalling hypocrisy of their obsessions. You know, convince them to stand down and leave women be. Let individual women together their own trusted circle deal with an intimately personal challenge/crisis. Allow a woman her freedom. Allow a woman her right to self defense!
Brother, sister, https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7 Matthew 7 says it all: How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
Listen to your Jesus. But, no, they are plugged into the 'god' of their own design and see nothing but their own smoldering obsessions. :down: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ <span style="color:green]for a thought provoking short read"> Abortion, Right and Wrong By Rachel R. Smith http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/10/abortion-right-and-wrong.html

It would be interesting to know how each justice voted but since it was a simple refusal to hear an appeal, I don’t think the count is publicized. I can’t imagine the four male Catholics on the court voting against taking the case unless they assumed they could not prevail if they did take it. They are fortunately in the minority.
Lois

Considering the makeup of this SCOTUS, I think we got lucky on this one.

It requires at least 4 of the justices to decide the case needs to be overturned or explored further. That means at least 6 of em didn’t see a problem with the lower court ruling.

It requires at least 4 of the justices to decide the case needs to be overturned or explored further. That means at least 6 of em didn't see a problem with the lower court ruling.
Or at least 2 of the 5 bad guys, may have other priorities for their reactionary agenda.