So if Nancy Pelosi becomes POTUS,..?

So since T rump’s ego will not allow him to wear a mask, as a model for those around him, no one around him tends to wear a mask in his presence. Same with VP Pence. Hence both have been around someone, recently, within the White House, who has now tested positive for C-19.

They are both Boomers, I think. They may each, right now, be infected with C-19. If this is the case, it is, at least, within the realm of possibility that each could succumb to the disease.

And if that were the case, Madame Speaker of the House would become Madame President Nancy Pelosi.

My question, since this is a center for inquiry, is “How would the position of Vice President be filled?”

Yes, both are Boomers, but just because they get it doesn’t mean they will die. That said, if they did die from it Pelosi would be President. Good question on the VP position would be filled. I would assume since under normal events, the person running for president taps someone to be his running mate. The running mate of course become VP, so I would assume Pelosi would choose the VP, but the person would probably need approval by the House and possibly the senate too. If the senate has to approve the person too, the position could be a hung jury until the election.

I’ll see if I can find out.

Plus, here’s some other complications to the scenario of C-19 taking out both T rump and Pence. Who dies 1st would, I think, make a big difference.

If T rump died 1st, while Pence is still healthy enough to accept the office, but then, Pence also died, before he could get another Vice President installed, then I guess Nancy would still become President.

If Pence died while T rump was sick, but still alive…

But let’s keep the scenario simple, the two die from C-19 at about the same time. Nancy is sworn in. What happens about a new VP? Mriana gave her guess. A good guess, I think.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/19

So if both the VP and POTUS are killed by the coronavirus, Nancy becomes President, if she chooses to resign as Speaker of the House, in order to take the POTUS position.

Then she would preside, without a VP, for the remainder of the current term.

President Pelosi. It’s alliterative.

If T rump died 1st, while Pence is still healthy enough to accept the office, but then, Pence also died, before he could get another Vice President installed, then I guess Nancy would still become President.
It's a pity you are not a Christian who believes in the power of prayer and make it happen instead of just wishing.

Then let us pray together Sree. Whenever two or more are gathered (even over the internet) in Jesus’ name, then anything can be accomplished through prayer.

Repeat the prayer with me.

Dear sweet baby Jesus or grown Jesus on the cross, abide with “Sree and I” (you say TimB and I), right now! We ask that you take T rump and Pence to your loving bosom and guide them into their next life. Thank you dear Lord for this prayer being answered. And please guide President Nancy Pelosi in bringing America back from the chaotic disaster that T rump has inflicted upon us. All glory is yours. Amen”

Now remember, Sree. It takes at least two of us in this prayer, if we want it to work. So pray Sree. Pray like our nation depends on it. Cause it does.

Then let us pray together Sree. Whenever two or more are gathered (even over the internet) in Jesus’ name, then anything can be accomplished through prayer.
Two or more Christians. You can't fool God that you have the faith anymore than Hayder can convince the Chinese police that he is an ex-Muslim atheist. God, the Chinese police and Trump are not easy to fool. They all run a tight ship. No place for slackers.

@sree Unless his faith is that of a mustard seed.

Oh, Sree. You of little faith.

We could have grasped onto the promise of God, and saved our country.

Well I guess we will have to do it the hard way. Vote T rump out, before he can completely annihilate us.

Aw. I was hoping to watch you two in the hopes of seeing the dotard get dragged out of the Big House, either by 6 or by 12. I don’t really care. That would be a miracle. Guess faith can’t move mountains after all.

We could have grasped onto the promise of God, and saved our country.
God will save the country through Donald J Trump. And you will be contained. I don't mean you personally but the hate that has possessed you. Hate, like poverty, will always be with us till Kingdom come.

Oh. Thanks. A fictional supernatural being will suddenly use T rump to save our country, even though, so far he has only been such an incompetent and divisive leader that he has brought us to the precipice of a Great Depression, with 85,ooo dead from C-19, and still counting fast.

Pardon me if I do not believe that absurdity. How did you even come up with that? Oh I suppose it is like a fairy tale that is supposed to comfort the naïve.

As far as hate “always being with us”. For sure, because there will always be those who elicit hatred from others by what they do and don’t do.

T rump not only elicits hatred by his actions and inactions, he actively uses it to divide Americans because it is to his political advantage to do so. He gets his side to hate the other side, so that his side will get out the vote for him.

What does the supernatural have to do with Pelosi becoming president if the dotard and He Who Is Not Worth His Name come down with COVID-19 and croak?

Well, I think it would be super for Nancy to become POTUS! And C-19 would be a natural death for the DOTUS and his sidekick. So Super and Natural.

But supernatural? No such thing.