Senator: Church attendance should be mandatory

A US Senator no less!
What shoukd actually be mandatory is a class in the US Constitution for all members of Congress. Too many apparently have never heard of it.
!!
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/03/27/pkg-arizona-senator-church-attendance-mandatory.ktvk
Lois

She’s a state senator, not U.S., but her remarks are still unconscionable. She definitely needs some remedial constitutional education.

While my wife is still somewhat religious, she and I both agree that when we hear the term “Christian”, it has negative connotations. When someone proudly announces that they are a “Christian”, our first thought is “Why do you take pride in being a mean-spirited ignorant bigot?” We’re too polite to say it out loud, but we do both think it.

While my wife is still somewhat religious, she and I both agree that when we hear the term "Christian", it has negative connotations. When someone proudly announces that they are a "Christian", our first thought is "Why do you take pride in being a mean-spirited ignorant bigot?" We're too polite to say it out loud, but we do both think it.
So do I. And when someone does identify him or herself as a " Christian" it usually means a form of Protestant fundamentalism, I have found. Most other people will identify their religion by their denomination rather than saying they are a Christian. To me, "Christian," as they use it, has a very negative connotation. Lois
She's a state senator, not U.S., but her remarks are still unconscionable. She definitely needs some remedial constitutional education.
You're right, she's a state senator, and yes, she does need a course in the Constitution and basic American history, too. How so these people get elected? By people as dim-witted as the candidate is, apparently. Lois